Cook I - The Little Nell - Winter
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Summer Mountain Operations
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Winter 2020-21
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $22.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Primary responsibility for station assigned; maintains mise en place and prepares hot and cold foods for the restaurant according to Chefs specifications and for catered events as required.
Essential Job Functions
• Set up station and mise en place to Chefs specifications.
• Fills out daily production, butcher, and pastalero lists in absence of supervisor.
• Fills out AM/PM checkout lists in absence of supervisor.
• Coordinates with chefs and production chef for proper closure of production kitchen.
• Cooks food to order. Can cook burgers and meats to proper temperature with the utilization of cake testers/thermometers
• Set up, maintain, work and breakdown station and maintains area cleanliness throughout shift, cleans work area at shift end.
• Properly stores all mis en place at shift end. Can properly cook, cool, and label product.
• Submits production needs for following day by shift end.
• Communicates with chefs and production chef regarding daily production needs.
• Can maintain a proper rotation of mis en place for a station.
• Properly cook all proteins.
• Simple sauce and dressing knowledge. Proficient in making purees properly.
• Be proficient in Meat roast, fish, Hot App, PM-GM, entremets, & lounge stations.
• Follows exact recipes using scales when needed.
Additional Job Duties
• Make Manager aware of guests’ comments and complaints.
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Helps maintain a clean locker room area.
• Report to shift on time. Always clocks in and out from shifts/breaks.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company as directed in employee manual.
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Practice of safe and sanitary work conditions and proper food storage.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two years of food preparation experience
• Culinary degree or equivalent
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Chef de Cuisine. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, smell, taste, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits