- Basalt, CO, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell Hotel Group
- Job Location: Basalt
- Season: Year Round
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $17.00 plus commission
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Provides timely and accurate service to potential guests making reservation inquiries for the Limelight Aspen, Limelight Ketchum, Limelight Snowmass, The Little Nell and Residences at The Little Nell. Serve as highly motivated team member ensuring guest inquiries and sale leads are answered in appropriate fashion for the department as a whole.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Answer inbound guest calls providing expert advice and exemplary guest service
• Demonstrate a highly professional manner and provide the highest quality of guest service
• Assist in completing the daily functions of the reservation’s office based on workload and business volumes
• Use available resources to research various reservation situations and guest issues
• Qualify callers by asking questions regarding the desires they have for their lodging
• Close the caller by asking for the booking at the appropriate moment in the call, or obtain the caller’s name, address, and phone number for follow-up efforts
• Close sales and communicate guest needs to elevate guest experience beyond expectation
• Email confirmations and information regarding reservations made, or information requested
• Respond to all inquiries (email or phone message) within 24 hours
• Maximize occupancy by monitoring availability and placing new reservations adjacent to existing reservations
• Achieve and maintain Forbes 5 Star; 5 Diamond reservation standards
• Report to shift on time. Successfully manage time clock entries per department schedule
• Attend meetings as required and take notes as needed
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by management and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully. Develops alternative solutions
• Customer service – Responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Takes ownership of assigned tasks
• Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions
• Motivation – Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacle; Measures self against standard of excellence;
• Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
Additional Job Duties
• Make Manager aware of guest’s comments and complaints
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Reservation Department, The Little Nell, and the Aspen Skiing Company
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your supervisor and assist other departments as business volumes and staff level demand
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Two-year college degree preferred
• Ability to create an environment of trust
• Ability to multi task, prioritize & delegate
• Ability to remain calm and think clearly and logically under stress
• Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office
• Phone sales experience a plus
• Previous hotel reservation experience preferred
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Director of Reservations. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
• No adverse or hazardous conditions
• Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits