Lead Concierge - Residences at The Little Nell
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $21.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Extend the welcome and courtesies of the Residences at The Little Nell. Assist and support the Front Office Manager in the day-to-day operations of the Concierge desk, including the supervision, training and development of the team. Ensure we are personalizing our service in every interaction and correspondence with our owners and guests.
Essential Job Functions
• Understand and adhere to all job functions of an RLN Concierge
• Is a working supervisor at the Reception Desk
• Responsible for handling immediate employee needs, requests, concerns, etc.
• Responsible for checking and closing out Non-Zero report daily; get FOM assistance if necessary
• Ensure the smooth functioning of the registration and cashiering areas of the Reception Deck
• Review daily arrivals, special requests, room assignments and attempt to fix any possible issues before the guests’ arrive
• Order Newspapers (Daily? / Weekly?)
• Order all Ski Free Package tickets and charge all Ski Free tickets to the correct folio
• Ensure breakfast order is put in every Friday
• Assist Front Office Manager in keeping track of employee hours in KRONOS
• Assist FOM to ensure that all staff in the Concierge department at all times conduct themselves in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in meeting guests’ needs
• Assist FOM in training all Concierge new hires
• Assist FOM in continual on-the-job training
• Assist FOM with scheduling as needed
• Be attentive to guest needs and continually look for ways to expand on the guest experience
• Is aware of and helps coordinate all staff members to know of the scheduled activities in the city; (e.g. theater, the arts, special exhibits, concerts, shows, sports and leisure activities)
• Is familiar with city restaurants and maintains close contact with them so as to provide maximum service to guests
• Develop a close working relationship with all outside vendors and maintain the commission process
• Keep literature on hand, organized and functional, for all local recreational areas for guests
• Handle guest complaints when appropriate and keep management informed as necessary
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• College degree preferred
• Previous experience preferred
• Previous hospitality industry experience and exposure required
• Good knowledge of Aspen and the surrounding areas
• Computer knowledge required
• Fluent English required
• Some Spanish preferred
Supervision Given and Received
Given: Exercises direct supervision over Front Office Services. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, frequent and detailed review of work, training, planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Received: Works under direct supervision of Front Office Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time. Kneeling and bending may be required
• Regularly work indoors with no adverse conditions. Some positions require exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to occasionally lift, push or pull up to 30 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits