Bartender - Aspen Mountain Club - Winter
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Aspen / Snowmass Mountain Clubs
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $9.30 plus tips
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The bartender will mix and serve beverages, maintaining set costs and presentation, oversees security of beverages. Check presentation in accordance with Club standards. Serve guest at the level of proficiency established by management. Recognition of Club members by name.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Ensure friendly greeting, incl. name usage to Club members and their guests, make beverage and serve within established procedures and standards
• Take orders for all beverage request from servers
• Use suggestive selling techniques for food and beverage
• Responsible for keys. Ensure effective working knowledge of the Micros System
• Responsible for proper opening and closing of bar and side work
• Complete beverage and requisition daily, complete general supply requisition weekly
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of serving equipment. Stack and handle china, glass and silverware to avoid breakage and misuse
• Ensure cleanliness of bar during and after service
• Responsible for service and cleanliness of living room, unless a team has been assigned to this area
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Display knowledge of house wines, mixology, after dinner cocktails and beverage list
• Comply with Colorado Liquor Laws, does not serve intoxicated guests or minors
• Notify manager of out of stock items immediately
Additional Job Duties
• Make manager aware of guests comments and complaints
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time
• Comply with all policies and procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Is familiar with fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other areas as business volumes and staff level demand
• Equivalent of High School Diploma preferred
• 1-2 years bartending experience
• Knowledge of drink recipes, wines, cognacs, brandies and beverages
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the AMC Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand or be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in adverse conditions and required to use protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits