Back Server - Aspen Mountain Club - Winter
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Aspen / Snowmass Mountain Clubs
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $9.30 plus tips
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Back Server will serve food and beverage in a timely, friendly and professional manner according to established standards and procedures. Performs duties as directed by front server, supervisor or manager.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Completes side duties prior to service beginning
• Ensures friendly greeting incl. name usage to all guests and Club members.
• Recognition of AMC members by name
• Set up station and tables prior to service
• Aware of daily specials ingredients and visual presentation
• Attend daily pre-service meeting
• Serves food and beverage requests promptly. Ensure that established service procedures and standards are followed
• Check with guest during meal for satisfaction
• Ensures tableware is clean and in place
• Assist in the clearing and set-up of tables during service
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware, serving equipment and service areas (front and back of house)
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Carries tools to perform job (ie) wine-key, pens and notepad
• Make management aware of all guest comments and complaints
• Is familiar with Colorado liquor laws, does not serve intoxicated guests or minors
• Carries tools to perform job (ie) wine-key, pen, notepad
• Is knowledgeable of 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of operations
Additional Job Duties
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your Supervisor and front server. Assist other areas as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Will report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Ensures grooming policy is maintained with reference to uniform, personal hygiene and facial hair
• Report to shift on time. If unable to report to work, notify manager in adequate time frame (a minimum of 2 hours before the shift is due to begin) as specified in the employee handbook and the Club operating manual
• Picks up linen from TLN before service to ensure smooth operation
• Is made aware of TLN back of house, linen stores and laundry/uniform issue procedures
• Aware of Gondola times and operational procedures for up/download to/from AMC
• Assist in keeping banquet storage area clean and tidy at all times
• Aware of Club members special dietary needs and requirements to counteract guest complaints
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, Aspen Mountain Club, the Little Nell and Aspen Ski Co.
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 1 year related experience required.
• Basic Knowledge of wine, food and cooking methods
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the AMC Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand or be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in adverse conditions and required to use protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits