Front Server - Aspen Mountain Club - Winter
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Aspen / Snowmass Mountain Clubs
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $9.30 plus tips
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Front Server will serve food and beverage in timely, friendly and professional manner according to established standards and procedures. Recognition of Club members and their name.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Food and wine knowledge/ service
• Aware of daily specials, ingredients and visual presentation
• Attend daily pre-service meeting
• Use suggestive selling techniques for food and beverage
• Ensure friendly greeting to all guests. Ensures that members name is used approaching the table and throughout their meal
• Take order and serve food and beverage request promptly. Ensure that established service procedures and standards are followed
• Check with guest during meal for guest satisfaction
• Responsible for guest check and proper payment
• Have accurate working knowledge of the Micros system
• Ensure timely input of food and beverage orders to Micros system
• Set-up station and tables prior to service
• Ensures tableware is clean and in place
• Completes side duties prior to service beginning
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware, serving equipment and service areas (front & back of house)
• Make manager aware of guest comments and complaints
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Is familiar with Colorado liquor laws and does not serve intoxicated guests or minors
• Carries tools necessary to perform job, (ie) wine-key, pens, notepad
• Is knowledgeable of 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of operations
Additional Job Duties
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by Management
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time. If unable to work, notify manager in adequate time frame as specified in the employee handbook
• Picks up linen from TLN before service to ensure smooth operation
• Is made aware of TLN back of house, linen stores and laundry/ uniform issue procedures.
• Aware of Gondola times and operational procedures for up/download to/from AMC
• Assist in keeping banquet storage area clean and tidy at all times
• Aware of members special dietary needs and requirements to counteract guest complaints
• Ensure Chef awareness of Club members’ special needs and dietary modifications
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage department, Aspen Mountain Club, the Little Nell and Aspen Ski Co
• End of day paperwork is completed in accordance with accounting department specification
• High School Diploma preferred
• 3 years related experience preferred
• Good Knowledge of wines, food and cooking techniques
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the AMC Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand or be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in adverse conditions and required to use protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits