Bartender - Wine Bar - Winter
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $10.00 plus tips
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Serve food and beverage in a timely, friendly, and professional manner according to established Forbes 5 star standards and procedures. Mix and serve drinks, maintaining set costs and presentation, oversee the security of liquor, checks, and cash. Well versed in the entire wine program and able to pursue sommelier functions
Essential Job Functions
• Ensure friendly greeting to all guests, make beverages and serve within established procedures and standards
• Take orders for all beverage requests from both guest and service staff
• Use suggestive selling techniques for food and beverage
• Proficient in all E47 and bar menus and can describe all menu items to a guest if/when necessary
• Well versed in the wine program including all Wines by the Glass (BTG) offerings
• Has proficient working knowledge on wine-cellar and able to find wines if/when needed
• Ready to speak to any wine-growing regions of the world. This knowledge includes grape varieties, climate conditions, viticultural and vinification methods, producers, and vintages.
• Measure drink and follow recipes
• Responsible for bar-keys and bank; ensure their safe return/deposit
• Ensure adequate working knowledge of the Info Genesis System
• Familiar with the inventory software – accubar
• Assists with month-end wine and liquor inventories
• Accountable for the locking down of liquor at the end of the shift
• Responsible for charging for drinks before producing them
• Accountable for securing payment
• Clear and reset bar during service, clean bar and glassware throughout shift
• Is responsible for proper opening and closing of bar and sidework.
• Complete beverage and requisition daily, full general supply requisition weekly
• Maintain the appropriate care and cleanliness of serving equipment
• Stack and handle china, glass, and silver to avoid breakage and misuse
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Directs barback (whenever applicable)
• Display knowledge of wines, mixology, after-dinner cocktails, and beverage list
• Make managers aware of all guest comments and complaints
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Familiar with Colorado liquor laws do not serve intoxicated guests or minors
• Carries tools necessary to perform the job, i.e., corkscrew, lighter, pen, notepad, etc.
Knowledgeable of Forbes 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of the operation
Responsible for assisting all team members in the organization of kitchen items, including dry goods, kitchen equipment, storage containers, cleaning supplies, and proper rotation and organization of all food deliveries.
Additional Job Duties
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your Supervisor and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules
• Report to shift on time
• Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and the Aspen Skiing Company
• Eye contact should be made at a distance of no less than 10 feet from every guest
• A genuine smile should be offered at a distance of no less than 5 feet from every guest
• Employees should build rapport with guests during any conversation, if the guest responds to the initial statement with a conversational demeanor
• Guest last name is used effectively, but discreetly, as a signal of recognition as least once and not more than twice during any conversation with guests
• Before concluding conversations, the guest is verbally offered additional assistance with a statement relevant to the guest’s individual needs
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• Six months to 1 year bartending experience
• Minimum CMS Introductory Sommelier Diploma
• Actively studying for CMS Certified Sommelier Diploma
• Advanced beverage knowledge
• Ability to work well with others
• Ability to handle money and necessary essential math skills
• Command of the English language
Supervision Given and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Wine Bar Supervisor. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits