Ski School Support Services
- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Ski and Snowboard School
- Job Location: Multiple Locations
- Season: Winter 2021-22
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $15.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
Aspen/Snowmass has four amazing mountains with a wide range of terrain to explore! The Ski & Snowboard Schools of Aspen/Snowmass are a collection of talented and inspired Pros who are committed to helping clients build confidence, understand the terrain, and guide them to the next place in their skiing and riding. Our Pros know more than just teaching; they are willing to share knowledge of the resort and community that can help shape an unforgettable experience for our guests. Find out more at aspensnowmass.com/jobs/skischool and come join our team!
Ski School Support Services provides support for all of the operations for the children’s Ski and Snowboard School. The position facilitates cross-communication between all Ski School personnel and parents of Aspen Snowmass’ younger guests.
Essential Job Functions
• Input Ski School registration data into computer, file hard copy registration forms
• Help coordinate placement of children in ski and snowboard classes
• Assist ski and snowboard instructors with their classes
• Help with equipment rentals
• Assist with ordering lunches, food preparation and serving at children’s lodges on-mountain
• Provide care for sick or tired children inside the facility
• Assist in locating children that are separated from their class or parents
• Organize races
• Clean lodges daily following lunch and other activities
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School diploma or equivalent
• Must be fluent in English
• Childcare experience is preferred, but not necessary
• Computer skills helpful, Word and Excel
• Spanish or Portuguese is helpful, but not necessary
Supervision Given and Received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Ski and Snowboard Manager. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work environment and physical demands
Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, bend or be on your feet for extended periods of time
Regularly work in wet, cold, hot conditions requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces. Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance (weight limits can vary according to position, but no more than 50)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits
As of November 15 2021, Aspen Skiing Company, The Little Nell, and The Limelight Hotels will require all active employees to be fully vaccinated in the workplace. Read more about this policy via our employee safety page here