Senior Accountant - The Little Nell Hotel Group
- Basalt, CO, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell Hotel Group
- Job Location: Basalt
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The Little Nell Hotel Group (TLNHG) is the hospitality division of Aspen Snowmass. TLNHG's portfolio of owned and operated hotels and residences currently consists of The Little Nell, Aspen’s only Five-Star, Five-Diamond, ski-in/ski-out hotel; and its affiliated Residences at The Little Nell, both of which are located at the base of Aspen Mountain; as well as the Limelight Hotel Aspen and Limelight Hotel Snowmass in Colorado and the Limelight Hotel Ketchum near Sun Valley in Idaho. The company also owns and operates the Aspen Mountain Club and the Snowmass Mountain Club.
The Senior Accountant performs advanced and specialized accounting assignments, usually involving complex and confidential data. Obtains and analyzes financial information to prepare reports, statements and recommendations for the hotel properties.
This role typically pays around $65,768, actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus
Essential Job Functions
• Prepare daily income journals for all hotel properties, reconciling system activity before posting.
• Requires advanced knowledge and prolonged specialized training in area of accounting.
• Practice and use of personal judgment and discretion frequently used on the job.
• Assist with the month-end closing of the general ledger as needed.
• Reconcile monthly balance sheet accounts as assigned.
• Assists Controller on any special projects where required.
• Attends weekly department meeting.
• Provide feedback to the Controller regarding issues or challenges with tasks or role.
• Other duties as assigned
• 3 or more years of related hospitality accounting experience
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Cash handling experience
• Ability to operate a computer proficiently including Microsoft Office
• Advanced spreadsheet skills
• 10-key calculator
• Demonstrates and monitors own work for accuracy and thoroughness.
• Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts.
• Prioritizes and plans work activities efficiently.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Supervision Exercised and Received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under minimal supervision of the Controller. Receives guidance in terms of broad goals and overall objectives and is responsible for establishing the methods to attain them.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits