Winter Trails Worker
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Mountain Operations
- Job Location: Aspen
- Season: Winter 2020-21
- Budgeted pay rate minimum (actual pay may be adjusted based on experience): $15.00
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The Trails Worker is responsible for general maintenance of on-mountain trails while promoting a positive guest experience.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintain on-mountain trails by performing dirt work, rock picking, brushing and revegetation including but not limited to seeding, fertilizing and hay blowing on mountain terrain
• Assist with special event set-up and break down as needed
• Maintain tools and equipment
• May engage guests to promote a positive guest experience
• Operate chainsaw (as required)
• Other duties as assigned
• Valid, current unrestricted Driver’s License required
• Comfortable working on mountain terrain including steep grades
• Attend fire prevention training (as required)
• Attend forklift and ATV training (as required)
• Attend first aid training (as required)
• Attend chain saw safety class (as required)
• Current Red Cross or American Heart Association CPR preferred
• High school degree or equivalent preferred
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Received: Works under general supervision. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to be on your feet, kneel and bend for extended periods of time
Occasionally work in adverse conditions and requiring the use of protective apparel/equipment to prevent exposure to the elements as well as an office environment and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
Must be able to lift, push or pull 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits