Concierge- The Little Nell
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Concierge Department acts as the primary contact between the guest and the hotel for any and all matters that the guest wishes. The Concierge is responsible for ensuring that all matters that guest wishes. The Concierge is responsible for ensuring that all members of the concierge team deliver consistent superior guest service.
Essential Job Functions
• Conduct oneself in a friendly, courteous and professional manner in meeting guests’ needs.
• Listen attentively and fulfill activity, dining and entertainment requests for guests. In conversing with guests, anticipate needs and offer additional assistance where possible. Use discretion as appropriate.
• Have a thorough and up to date knowledge of all activities, events, dining and entertainment options in the area.
• Use Alice to manage guest bookings and create itineraries as follows:
• Communicate with guest to determine need.
• Communicate with Vendor to secure the booking
• Communicate Itinerary and Confirmed bookings back to guest.
• Follow up with guest before/on arrival
• Change and Update as needed.
• Be aware of all in house hotel functions
• Keep literature on hand of all local recreational areas for guests.
• Other Activities - For Example: Hiking, Biking, Jeep Tours, Fly Fishing, Hot Air Ballooning, Ski Tickets/Rentals, Snow Shoe and Snowmobile Tours, Movies, Theater, Shows, Concerts, Art Exhibitions, Golf
• Receive and print e-mails and faxes for guests.
• Mail/Shipping - Mail letters, provide stamps, assist guests with FedEx shipping forms, rules and information.
• Amenity Requests - Internal and External such as Flowers, Food and Beverage Amenities, Gift Baskets, etc. Ensure items are ordered/delivered as needed.
• Dining Reservations - Be familiar with menus, opening/closing times of restaurants in the area. Actively recommend and encourage dining at internal outlets.
• Airline Items - Print boarding passes, confirm flights, and make changes as well as assist with lost luggage tracking and retrieval.
• Spa and Beauty Bookings – assist with The Little Nell Health Center and in-town salons, and other Spa offerings, etc.
• Transportation – book valet or outsource vendor according to established guidelines.
• Work with all local outlets, offices and vendors, developing a good working relationship to enable smooth, efficient and accurate bookings for guests.
• Assist with ordering and maintaining supplies as well as attending to the orderliness and neatness at the desk and bell closet.
• Become a Colorado Notary and maintain license (US citizenship)
• Become a Les Clef d’Or member when it is time to apply.
• Communicate with the following departments using radio, telephone, Hotsos, email or in-person as required:
• Engineering (for guest room issues and requests)
• Housekeeping (for items such as guest service times/requests, needs and room related requests)
• Laundry (for dry cleaning and laundry pick up, special requests etc)
• Front Desk (for items such as guest billing, wake up calls, late check out and early arrival requests, private transportation billing)
• Bell (for items such as guest room deliveries, guest check out requests, luggage assistance/storage, shipping and receiving inquiries)
• Ski Concierge - ski delivery, ticket/lesson requests
• Adventure Concierge – Book and Coordinate bookings for fly-fishing and jeep tours.
• Transportation/Valet – Communicate changes and updates, new items etc.
• Events Team – Read and follow group resumes. Assist group delegates in the same manner as a hotel guest as needed.
• MOD – Bring MOD guest issues/complaints in a quick and timely manner
Additional Job Duties
• Make manager aware of guest’s comments and complaints in a timely manner.
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner, as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Report to shift on time and depart shift on time unless approved for overtime.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Concierge Department, The Little Nell and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
Pay Rate: $18/hour
•Concierge experience preferred
•Experience in hospitality and/or customer service; Interest in Les Clefs d’Or Membership
•Excellent spoken English, Bi-Lingual helpful
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of Head Concierge. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Ability to stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time. Kneeling and bending may be required
• Regularly work indoors with no adverse conditions. Some positions require exposure to outdoor elements or a combination of both indoors and outdoors and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to occasionally lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company is an equal opportunity employer.