- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: Aspen
- Season: Summer 2020
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Serve food to guests per Forbes 5 star standards.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Serve food to guests according to standards.
• Run dishes and make serving dishes a high priority
• Proficient in all E47 menus and can describe all menu items to a guest if/when necessary
• Well versed in all Wines by the Glass (BTG) offerings
• Has working knowledge on wine-cellar and able to find wines if/when needed
• Assist in clearing dishes from guests.
• Responsible for set-up the expediting line
• Polishes glasses and silverware during the entire shift and as time allows
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of serving equipment. Stack and handle china, glassware, and silver to avoid breakage.
• Assist in closing jobs (i.e., re-set dining room, stock equipment, etc.)
• Attend daily pre-shift meetings.
• Maintain positive communication with service and kitchen staff.
• Make managers aware of the guest's comments and complaints.
• Display advanced knowledge of all menu items and able to describe dishes proficiently to guest
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Carries tools necessary to perform the job, i.e., corkscrew, lighter, pen, notepad, etc.
• Knowledgeable of Forbes 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of the operation
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
• One year related experience required.
• Basic knowledge of wine, food and cooking methods
Supervision given and received
Given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Received: Works under direct supervision of the Restaurant Manager. Tasks are assigned according to specific procedures, and work is checked frequently. Instruction, advice and assistance are readily available.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Ability to reach, crouch, kneel, stand, walk or be on your feet for extended periods of time
• Regularly work in wet, hot and humid conditions for extended periods of time and may be required to walk on slippery and uneven surfaces
• Must be able to frequently lift, push or pull up to 50 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company is an equal opportunity employer.