Human Resources Manager
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Provide professional level support in Human Resources management to The Little Nell and Limelight Hotels in the areas of recruitment and employment, compensation, benefits administration, employee and/or labor relations, organizational development, training, and workers’ compensation administration. Provides day-to-day Human Resources support and consultation to all members of the TLN HR team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Recruitment and Employment
• Build a world-class recruitment strategy with a focus on technology, metrics and forecasting.
• Reviews applicants for designated position and conducts professional and thorough screening interviews.
• Responsible for the processing of employment visas to include candidate interviews, paperwork processing, training plans, and student arrivals, managing rotations and payroll.
• Advises, plans and executes regular manager training for TLN/RLN/LL/ASC based on property and departmental needs.
• Facilitates background checks under company, State, and Federal guidelines.
• Captures on-boarding and exit information to ensure competitiveness of programs and recruiting process.
• Manage follow up process for exit interview information.
• Assist with management of unemployment claims and attends hearings when needed.
• Assist with the planning and execution of all employee social events as needed.
• Implements processes that enhance candidates’ experience and provides opportunities to analyze and report data.
• Assist HR Coordinator with weekly data entry and bi-weekly payroll processing.
• Assist with regular maintenance of Job Descriptions for all TLN/RLN Departments and organizational charts.
• Assist with management of records retention process as it relates to employee files, medical files and payroll backup.
• Complies with and works according to requirements under the ADA, immigration requirements, EEO, and Affirmative Action requirements.
• Actively participates in company-wide committees and looks for opportunities to build professional relationships and synergies with all ASC departments.
• Responsible for all supply inventory, ordering and recording payment into the HR checkbook.
• First point of contact for processing all leaves of absence to include FMLA, Short-Term Disability, Personal and Medical leaves.
• Work in conjunction with the ASC Worker’s Compensation Manager to file claims and manage return to work process.
• Travel domestically & internationally to enhance our applicant pool as part of our recruitment strategy.
Talent Development and Management
• Provides input and support in the planning and development of enhanced performance reviews, employee relations programs and work processes.
• Responsible for the performance management process and ensures hourly employee and manager reviews are being completed timely. Ensures effectiveness, compliance, and equity within the review process. Actively looks for areas of improvement with system, process and content.
• Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce turnover.
• Assists the DHR with coaching managers and employees to effectively resolve employee relations issues and to proactively prevent further concerns.
• Assist the DHR in conducting investigations - identifying systemic issues and patterns of concerns.
• Responsible for the planning and execution of Employee Satisfaction Survey to include BEO, participation and post survey follow up plan.
• Create and maintain self-service tools and Human Resources help systems that enable employees and supervisors to get quick answers.
• Responsible for the Manager In Training (MIT) program to include assistance with candidate interviews and selection, rotation development, monthly check ins, supplemental training and post program placement.
• BA/BS degree in a relevant field of study such as Human Resources or Business Management and a minimum of 2 years work experience in a related Human Resources Role.
• PHR/SPHR/SHRM CP Certification preferred.
• Strong leadership skills, communication skills, negotiating skills, professional integrity and sound business judgment.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical skills and the ability to analyze data.
• HRIS experience, Timekeeping Software Experience (Kronos preferred), Talent Management Software experience and Worker’s Compensation Claims Processing Software and RTP experience highly desired.
• Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) language skills a plus.
• Talent Acquisition / Talent Development / Talent Management processes in the following areas: Recruiting, Leadership Competencies, Talent Assessments, Succession Management, Performance Management, Workforce Analytics, Safety and Risk Management processes and analytics
• Current trends and Human Resources Management practices.
• Pertinent federal, state, local laws, codes, and regulations including but not limited to FMLA, ADA, ADEA, EEO
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.