Production Chef - The Little Nell
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Little Nell production Chef will be responsible for preparing exceptional quality stocks, sauces, soups, pates, terrines, pastas, butchery and basic charcuterie according to Element 47, Ajax Tavern and Executive Chef needs
• Impeccable cleanliness and work station organization.
• Responsible for keeping the kitchen and kitchen equipment clean and in good operating condition. Communicates any mechanical problems with the Engineering Department.
• Responsible for keeping the walk-ins, loading dock, dry storage areas clean and orderly.
• Responsible for providing for total maintenance and sanitation in all food production and service areas.
• Orders and controls food storage and pars in unison with the operation.
• Adhere to established purchasing, receiving, storing and issuing procedures
• Report to work punctually and in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook. Be a role model to the staff.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
• Work a flexible schedule reflecting business demands, banquets, etc
• Inspect (using self-inspection checklist) all areas of responsibility for cleanliness and working conditions.
• Oversees the daily preparation and participates in food production, including temperatures of line product.
• Train personnel to ensure that all working procedures are implemented properly. Up to date with all current health and food safety measures.
• Completes daily production form by shift end and communicates with other Sous Chefs about items in progress or still to be started.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Four years experience in 4-5 star restaurant/hotel
• Culinary degree or equivalent
• This position requires walking 10%, standing 90% of the time
• Frequent lifting and carrying of 50 pounds
• Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing and seeing