Doorman - Sundeck
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Summer 2020
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
Leave it to Aspen to take the slopeside cafeteria to new heights. And we mean that in two senses: (1) the views from the Sundeck have that breathtaking, top-of-the-world wow-factor, and (2) the food gets high marks from foodies and families alike, with fresh, creative dishes that are ready for you to grab and eat whenever you’re ready.
Operated by Aspen’s only five-star, five-diamond hotel, The Little Nell, the Sundeck offers superior service and culinary offerings amid breathtaking views. Favorite items are healthy, made-to-order stir-fry dishes from the wok station, fresh and inventive soups, pizzas, unique salads and delicious sandwiches .It’s all served in the Sundeck’s bright and warm setting, defined by 30-foot ceilings, a huge rock fireplace and a spacious patio to make the most of its beautiful views of 14,000-foot peaks.
The Doorman provides security services to our on mountain restaurants & serves as the contact person for matters involving COVID protocals & precautions. This role is critical to our company ensuring overall protection of our employees and the guests safety. This positon is the first impression in our restaurants and needs to provide a warm and friendly welcome.
Essential Job Functions
• Must be aware of all entrances to the Restaurant and position approprietly to control flow.
• Must greet guests warmly and provide guidance to the restaurants operations.
• Maintains crowd level under a certain room capacity.
• Responsible for coordinating restaurant flow & it’s guests.
• Must be able to work with and lead a team of employees tasked with ensuring proper flow and capacity requirements are met.
• Capable of interacting well with the guests and residents in a positive, friendly attitude, while taking an active interest in their movements throughout the restaurant and within the vicinity.
• Responds to emergency situations.
• Is knowledgeable and can answer questions about the vicinity and restaurant.
• Must always greet guests appropriately upon arrival in a warm and friendly manner, and provides a professional and guest focused service to all guests that enter the restaurant.
• Responsible for rounding up & escorting guests at closing or expiration of allotted time limit in the restaurant.
• Escalates any major violations to the Manager or General Manager.
• Must be over the age of 18
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate COVID guidelines and the process.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• High School Diploma or GED Preferred.
• Previous doorman or security guard experience preferred.
• Must be able to lift or carry up to 50lbs
• Must be able to stand for entire shift.
• Working environment - Able to work outside for entire shift and withstand extreme weather and temperature varieties when necessary.