Element 47 PM Supervisor
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Responsible for the operating and closing of the restaurant and bar, staffing and training, high service level, excellent guest response, and upkeep of the operation.
Essential Functions of the Job:
• Operates and closes the restaurant on a daily basis.
• Supervises staff...including sidework, scheduling, and practical training.
• Responsible for upkeep of physical facilities including cleanliness, maintenance and organization on a daily basis and long term.
• Maintains records of employee needs and responsibilities including time off requests, schedules, tip sheets, and Personal Action Forms (PAFs).
• Contribute input in monthly staff meetings.
• Attend departmental and Food and Beverage meetings.
• Enforce restaurant standards, procedures and policies.
• Communicate with Executive Chef concerning quality, presentation, timing and guest comments.
• Communicate with the staff regularly. Seek out staff’s opinion for improving operations by holding a monthly staff meeting.
• Conduct daily pre-meal meeting and tasting in congruence with Chef and PM Manager, ensuring staff’s knowledge of food, menus, beverage, wine and service.
• Maintain high level of guest satisfaction, make immediate corrective action when guests needs are not met.
• Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times. Ensures staff’s appearance and conduct are impeccable.
• Make suggestions on improving effectiveness of P.O.S. system.
• Maintain daily computer log for breakfast shift. Ensure previous day’s log is distributed.
• Establish and monitor sales contests between PM service staff on a regular basis.
• Review staffing regularly. Control costs during slow periods. Schedule staff.
• Train staff regularly. Develop new training methods.
• Assist PM manager to develop and discipline staff.
• Supervise the care of equipment, maintaining par levels, organizing stock, minimizing waste, breakage and misuse.
Additional Job Duties:
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook and departmental rules.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of safety and fire procedures.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your Supervisor assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management and the established emergency plan.
• Enforce and comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage
Department, The Little Nell and the Aspen Skiing Company.
• College preferred or hotel/restaurant training.
• One year management experience preferred.
• Three years Food & Beverage experience preferred.
• Minimum of 4 years combination education/experience.
• Professional appearance.
• Extensive restaurant service knowledge.
• Extensive wine knowledge.
• Knowledge of food and cooking methods.
• Ability to work well with people.
• Strong organization and supervisory skills.
• Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays (40 pounds)
• Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
• Standing, bending and stooping required.