Accounts Receivable - The Little Nell
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
To maintain all accounts receivable for The Little Nell and Limelight hotels including billing guests, checking credit profiles of groups requesting billing of City Ledger accounts and extensive contact with hotel personnel regarding proper handling of accounts. In addition, works as relief General Cashier when needed; prepares due back, prepares and makes change.
Essential Job Functions
• Bill and collect in a timely manner payment of monies owed.
• Daily assist guests with questions regarding Hotel folios or City Ledger Accounts.
• Communicate daily with hotel departments regarding problems/resolution of billings.
• Work closely with Catering and banquet departments to ensure proper billing for events.
• Collect outstanding amounts due to The Little Nell.
• Copy all back-ups to be included with group or city ledger bills.
• Maintain proper records for Tax Exempt companies
• Maintain clean and precise filing for all AR records
• Print end of month bills and reports.
• Conduct monthly credit meeting to discuss accounts that are 60 days and over with accounting manager.
• Handle special requests of Accounting Manager / Controller as required.
• Handle storage of A/R Records.
Additional Job Duties:
• Make manager aware of guests’ comments and complaints.
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Report to shift on time.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Accounting Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• 4 years hotel accounts receivable or Front Desk experience.
• 4 year college degree
• Detail orientated and organized.
• Superior Excel skills a must
• SMS experience preferred
• Standing, walking, sitting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling, talking, hearing and seeing. information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.