Talent Acquisition Coordinator
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Aspen Highlands
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The Talent Acquisition Coordinator is responsible for the positive candidate experience at Aspen Skiing Company for job seekers. This position is the first contact for many of our new employees and seeks to provide the match between candidate and perfect career path. This entry-level role is designed for detail orientated, computer savvy individuals that have a passion for the Aspen Snowmass, The Little Nell and Limelight Hotel product and the locations in which Aspen Skiing Company operates in.
Be part of the team affectionately known as the “TACO team” at Aspen Skiing Company. This year the team has implemented a new applicant tracking system and onboarding tool, resulting on a large positive impact on the business. One of several Talent Acquisition Coordinators, this role will focus on the candidate and hiring manager experience around our frontline seasonal jobs for upcoming winter and summer seasons. This role pays $21 an hour.
Essential Job Functions
• Primarily responsible for screening candidates who apply via aspensnowmass.com/jobs for high volume positions via phone
• Review job seeker information contained within various recruitment technologies, Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS), questionaries’ and other systems
• Provide a primary point of contact for candidates interested in jobs at Aspen Skiing Company and acts as an advisor to candidates on how to achieve short and long term career goals
• Utilize ATS to maintain candidate records and data, including reporting to ensure recruiting progress
• Ensures regular communication with hiring / department managers on progress of recruitment for roles, including updates on percentage staffed and closing feedback loops
• Troubleshoots and problem solves and issues as it relates to established service level agreements through positive relationships and escalation
• Direct hire candidates into Aspen Skiing Company for certain jobs
• Complete new hire paperwork and onboarding tasks as required for screened candidates
• Assist with training hiring managers on ATS use and develop ways to hold them accountable to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
• Assist with creative sourcing of candidates through a variety of channels including internet, cold calling, networking, referrals, and social networks
• Assist with coordination of ASC job fairs
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor’s degree a plus
• Minimum one year experience in a professional environment or working in a fast-paced, highly seasonal resort environment
• Solid English communication skills required, ability to communicate in other languages a plus
• Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google product suites required
• Ability to handle confidential related information and be on a computer and phone the majority of the workday required
• Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems preferred
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received: Works under general supervision of the Director of Talent Acquisition. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements
• No adverse or hazardous conditions
• Not required, but preferred to be able to lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.
Aspen Skiing Company is an equal opportunity employer.