Concierge - Aspen Mountain Club
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Winter 2020-21
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
The Aspen Mountain Club Concierge is responsible for extending a high level of personalized service to all Members and guests.
Essential Job Functions
• Build a warm and welcoming relationship with Members and family Members.
• Recognize Members and family Members by name.
• Fill all reasonable Member requests and requirements.
• Anticipate Member service needs.
• Discretion will be used at all times concerning Member’s activities and special requests.
• Coordinate Members request such as restaurant bookings, private ski lessons, massages, transportations, cultural events, activities, spa/beauty appointments and local events.
• Develop relationships with restaurants, shops, clubs, barber and beauty salons, car rental agencies, health clubs, recreational vendors, ticketing office, etc. to help facilitate all Member’s requests.
• Is aware at all times of the events schedule as well as community activities.
• Recommends hotel restaurant, bar and other services and is aware of hours of operation and assists Members in securing reservations.
• Receives messages, packages, faxes etc. for Members and arranges for appropriate delivery.
• Properly handles Members mail, telefaxes, fax etc and arranges for appropriate deliveries or storage according to procedures.
• Posts charges of ski tunes, race course fees etc. to Members accounts as required.
• Assists in mailing of letter and packages, process Federal Express and UPS for Members, handle fax transaction, copying, ski rental, shipping and lost baggage claims.
• Coordinate all Member required needs such as ski tunes, ski rental etc. with Ski Valet and Membership Director.
• Coordinates requested ski passes, single day tickets, gondola lift passes to Members and ensures files are accurate and updated with each transaction.
• Keep up to date record of Member guest usage.
• Use computer for assigned duties and email communications between the Membership office and Management.
• Coordinate dining room requests such as special event bookings, dining room reservation etc. with club manager or assistant restaurant manager.
• Expedite housekeeping requests and locker room coffee service to appropriate departments.
• Assist with retail inventories and sales.
Additional Job Duties
• Make Manager and Membership Director aware of Member comments and complaints.
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Report to shift on time.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for The Little Nell and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Be familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures, as well as Sundeck fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by Club Manager and assist other Club departments, particularly Sales & Marketing, as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Previous experience preferable.
• Excellent spoken English. Bi-Lingual helpful
• Good knowledge of Aspen and the surrounding areas.
• Must have good communication skills and guest service oriented.
• Typing and computer skills
• Must be able to stand entire shift
• Able to lift heavy objects (25-50 pounds)