- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Commercial kitchen equipment maintenance and repairs. i.e. Stoves, fryers, flattops, salamanders, ovens and all other types of equipment normally found in a commercial kitchen environment. Commercial laundry equipment maintenance and repairs. i.e. Commercial washers, driers and ironers and all other types of equipment normally found in a commercial laundry environment
Essential Job Functions
• Prioritize, organize and complete work orders
• Locate price and order replacement parts as needed
• Complete required paperwork in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Assists in the development and implementation of a comprehensive preventative maintenance program as it relates to laundry and kitchen assets
• Able to work without direct supervision
• Able to respond to emergency situations
• Maintains a polite and courteous attitude toward hotel guests
• Maintains a clear, uncluttered work area
• Able to perform duties of Assistant Chief Engineer in his absence.
• Works closely and in coordination with refrigeration Mechanic.
Additional Job Duties
• Make Manager aware of guest's comments and complaints
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook
• Report to shift on time
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Engineering Department, The Little Nell,and Aspen Skiing Company
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management
• Perform a broad range of maintenance and repair duties in the hotel.
• Demonstrate leadership in instructing and performing routine maintenance on kitchen and laundry equipment.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Properly trained and experience in commercial kitchen equipment maintenance and repair
• Properly trained and experience in commercial laundry equipment maintenance and repairs
• Holds advanced CPR and First Aid certificates or willing to receive training within six months
• Possesses basic computer skills and knowledge of electrical and plumbing operations
• Able to lift heavy loads (75 pounds)
• Able to work from a ladder
• Kneeling, bending, and standing for extended periods