Guest Safety Host - Cloud Nine Alpine Bistro
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: On-Mountain Dining
- Job Location: Aspen Highlands
- Season: Winter 2020-21
- Job Classification: Full-Time Seasonal
The Guest Safety Representative oversees the Cloud Nine restaurant operation specifically to ensure that guests are able to safely ski/ride from the restaurant to the base area. Identify guests who are unable to ski/ride safely & arrange snowcat transportation to the base area.
Essential Job Functions
• Assess intoxication levels of guests using TIPS training guidelines.
• Advise restaurant management of any guests who show signs of intoxication, to prevent further service of alcohol.
• Discreetly provide guests with an option of nonalcoholic beverage when appropriate.
• Coordinate with Restaurant Management regarding any illegal activity related to drug use, or consumption of alcohol products which may endanger the liquor license.
• Operate the snowcat as needed to provide transportation to guests who are unable to safely ski/ride to the base.
• Other duties as assigned
• College graduate preferred
• Prior guest service experience is preferred
• Previous security experience is an advantage
• TIPS Certified
• Ability to communicate and follow oral or written directions in English is required
• DMV check
• Ability to operate a snowcat or willingness to learn
• Ability to ski or ride at an intermediate level is required for employees of ski in/ski out restaurants in winter
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.