- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Snowmass
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Assume responsibility for all maintenance and construction task for Aspen Skiing Company (ASC) facilities. Maintain facilities in a manner that extends life of equipment and all ASC assets along with conserving energy as a top priority. Be willing and able to help with any company wide tasks as needed and directed by Aspen Skiing Company management.
Essential Job Functions
• Ability to do carpentry, plumbing, painting, electrical, HVAC, snow removal, cleaning, and all other routine facility maintenance and construction tasks.
• Proficient with all hand power and pneumatic tools and the ability to use them safely.
• Operate and maintain an Aspen Skiing Company truck.
• Report all safety hazards and suspicious persons or activities to management. Adhere to all safety standards set by the department and company along with local, city, and state laws.
• Review and inspect all life safety systems to ensure proper testing and operation.
• Maintain all tools in a clean and orderly condition.
• Be available for emergency calls and be able to respond adequately.
• Complete work order assignments in a timely manner.
• Able to work without direct supervision.
• Able to organize and coordinate outside contractors to complete work orders.
• Complete purchases and keep up with inventory along with all department paperwork.
• Is able to carry out preventative maintenance programs.
• Maintain a clear and uncluttered work area.
• Can rebuild small pumps and machines necessary to keep mechanicals operational.
• Has basic knowledge of electrical switches and relays.
• Understands concepts of water meters, backflow preventers, and check valves.
• Occasional snow cat operation.
• Implement and maintain energy conservation measures on a routine basis.
• Must be able to set or change a faucet, re-plumb a sink, service waterless fixtures, sweat and solder a pipe, and perform other building related plumbing.
• Works safely around trenching and shoring operations.
• Familiar and trained for lock-out/tag-out and confined space.
• Understand power requirements
• Diagnose power issues with control panels and usage of a voltage meter.
• Required to participate in sewer repairs.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Know and support Aspen Skiing Company’s Guiding Principles and Greentrack; Aspen Skiing Company’s environmental management system.
• Ensure that your manager is aware of guest comments and concerns.
• Report to shift on time.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the department, and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Be familiar with fire and safety procedures. Assist in the event of an emergency and/or security event as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Will assist with other Facility Management and ASC functions as needed.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals and practicing OSHA safety-standards on all applicable jobs.
• Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of facility equipment and tools.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information, and offer assistance with guest problems.
• Respond to all guests and internal customers for assistance, directions, and company information.
• Adhere to all procedures stated in the ASC Employee Resource Guide.
• Recommended five years experience in Facility Management, construction or similar field
• High school diploma.
• Able to write and speak English.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.