Front Server PM - Element 47
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: The Little Nell
- Job Location: The Little Nell Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The city of Aspen at our front door, Aspen Mountain at our back door. And in between, a gathering place for the free-spirited. We're proud of our 5 Stars and 5 Diamonds -- hospitality is our passion. From our kitchens to our cellars, with their 20,000 bottles of wine, from the Concierges in our lobby to the Concierges on our mountains, and from family adventure to après ski, this hotel is, guests have said, "the Aspen of Aspen."
Serve food and beverage in timely, friendly, and professional manner according to established standards and procedures.
Essential Functions of the Job
• Food and wine knowledge/service
• Use suggestive selling technique for food and beverage
• Attend daily pre-meal tasting
• Ensure friendly greeting to all guests
• Take order and sere food and beverage request promptly. Ensure that established service procedures and standards are followed
• Check with guest during meal for guest satisfaction
• Responsible for guest check and proper payment
• Have accurate working knowledge of the Micros system
• Set-up station and tables prior to service
• Assist in clearing and set-up of tables during service
• Ensures tableware is clean and in place
• Completes side duties
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of tableware, serving equipment and service areas (front and back of house)
• Make manager aware of all guest comments and complaints
• Maintain positive communication with service personnel
• Is familiar with Colorado liquor laws does not serve intoxicated guests or minors
• Carries tools necessary to perform job, ie crumbers corkscrew etc
• Is knowledgeable of 5 star standards and adheres to them in every aspect of operations.
Additional Job Duties
• Make Manager aware of guest comments and complaints.
• Report to work in a neatly groomed and acceptable manner as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Report to shift on time.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Food and Beverage Department, The Little Nell, and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Is familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred
• 5 year related experience required
• 2 years fine dining experience preferred
• Strong knowledge of wines food and cooking methods
• Ability to carry heavy loads such as trays and tables (40-60 pounds)
• Ability to pull heavy loads (300 pounds)
• Standing, bending, and stooping required.