HR & Payroll Assistant
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Aspen Highlands
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Position is responsible for supporting the Managing Director of HR in clerical and administrative tasks. Performs all aspects of payroll processing, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations.
Essential Job Functions
• Performs a variety of day-to-day Payroll and HR administrative functions, ensuring data integrity, accurate processing, safeguarding company assets and reporting of Human Resources and Payroll data.
• Runs payroll ensuring all steps are completed and validated and payroll data is accurate.
• Reconciles benefit files and accurate processing of deduction data.
• Monitors and maintains the Payroll email box by responding in a timely manner, assisting with requests, and researching for root causes.
• Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates and benefits.
• Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage and hour laws and best practices.
• Oversees the auditing of employee time records in the Time and Attendance System, including exception time to ensure employees are accurately compensated for all hours worked.
• Manage the calendar, contacts, mail, email and phone messages for the Managing Director of HR.
• Take memos, maintain files, and organize, photocopy, fax, and collate documents as needed.
• Schedule and coordinate appointments and/or events.
• Performs clerical functions by answering telephones; taking messages; forwarding calls to the appropriate person; filing; typing letters, memos; greeting customers; providing directions and information as requested; sorting mail; and maintaining office supplies.
• Performs administrative functions by coordinating meetings; monitoring expenditures; maintaining records and files; processing invoices; maintaining accounts receivables and invoices; assisting with budget preparations; entering data into the computer; and generating various reports.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Minimum two years of administrative support and two years of payroll experience with knowledge of the payroll function(s) including balancing and internal control.
• Experience utilizing electronic payroll and time keeping systems required
• Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to payroll
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products, including advanced Excel skills
• Demonstrated strong technical, trouble-shooting problem solving skills
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Supervision given and received
Assignments are received in the form of results expected but incumbents have considerable freedom to decide on work priorities and procedures to be followed. May provide functional guidance. This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and physical demands
• Standard office environment