General Maintenance Engineer 1 - Limelight Aspen
- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Limelight Hotel
- Job Location: Limelight Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
You don’t just work at the Limelight. You become one of the best reasons our guests come back again and again.
It’s our aim to provide a warm and inviting community atmosphere for our guests. We believe every employee should play a key role in helping enrich the guests’ mind, body and spirit during their stay. This takes a dedication to real, live hospitality and an appreciation for innovative leadership. We are a team, and we act like it.We also believe, as Limelight hotel management, in a commitment to providing a secure and enjoyable work environment for every employee — one that promotes honesty, mutual respect, personal growth and career advancement for all.
To respond to and complete all general maintenance request's for room calls, public areas, meeting rooms, back of house, physical plant, and exterior areas of the property.
Essential Job Functions
• Responsible for responding to guest room calls & completing projects as assigned.
• Respond to all guests for assistance, directions, and hotel facilities information.
• Responsible for maintaining public areas of hotel, to include outside perimeter of the building(s). Report any maintenance issues to management.
• Report all safety hazards and suspicious persons or activities to management.
• Adhere to all safety standards set by the Director of Engineering, Engineering Manager, the hotel, city and state ordinances.
• Assist in monitoring and maintenance of fire detection system, and help with any emergency evacuation.
• Be available for emergency calls.
• Complete work order assignments in a timely manner.
• Maintain a clear, uncluttered work area.
• Ensure that your Manager is aware of guest comments and concerns.
• Report to shift on time.
• Treat others as you would expect to be treated. Be courteous to guests and co-workers.
• Comply with all policies and procedures for the Front Office Department, Limelight Hotel, and Aspen Skiing Company.
• Be familiar with hotel fire and safety procedures. Assist in the event of an emergency and/or security event as directed by management.
• Complete tasks and projects delegated by your manager and assist other departments as business volumes and staff levels demand.
• Working knowledge of basic hand tools and other trade related equipment.
• Knowledge of OSHA standards and application for working with chemicals and practicing OSHA safety-standards on all applicable jobs.
• Basic mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of hotel equipment.
• Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of who will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to diffuse anger, collect accurate information, and offer assistance with guest problems.
• High School diploma or equivalent required
• Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, painting, and carpentry
• Mechanical aptitude for operation and repair of property equipment.
• Visual ability to identify items needing repair or maintenance.
• Ability to multi task and prioritize; Ability to think logically.
• Competent with computer programs such as Microsoft Office.
• Knowledgeable use of general Engineering tools and equipment
• Knowledgeable of fire codes and fire protection.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.