- Snowmass Village, CO, USA
- Job category: Rental and Retail
- Job Location: Snowmass
- Season: Winter 2020-21
- Job Classification: Full-Time or Part-Time
As a custom Boot Fitter, you will provide exceptional boot fitting services, including custom foot bed fabrication, boot shell modifications, liner modifications and stance alignment. You will also assist customers to ensure they have a fun and memorable shopping experience by providing them with product knowledge, options, and accessories. It is the Boot Fitter’s responsibility to provide exceptional customer service and make a life-long customer, not just a sale.
Essential Job Functions
• Develops solutions for customers by listening to their needs and recommending the appropriate products; builds customer confidence and helps make selections
• Greets customers promptly and determines needs quickly
• Possesses detailed knowledge of product benefits and features
• Demonstrates product uses and operation and provides details about merchandise specifications, maintenance, care, delivery, and warranties
• Answers questions about merchandise, the store, Aspen Skiing Company products and services and the resort
• Keeps clientele informed by notifying them of sales and future merchandise of potential interest
• Utilizes the company’s POS system to create or update customer profile records, process discounts and payments, administer exchanges and returns, provide change and receipts
• Collaborates with other team members to keep the sales floor area clean and organized at all times
• Assists in maintaining the back stock room
• Identifies and monitors security issues and notifies management; helps prevent loss and theft of cash and inventory
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• At least 3 years of previous boot fitting experience and retail sales experience required
• Boot fitting certification preferred
• Must demonstrate a high level of snow sports industry product knowledge and have a passion for the industry
• Computer proficiency required
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required
• Must be willing to work evenings and weekends
• Written and speaking fluency in English required
• Bi-lingual language skills (Spanish, Portuguese, French or others) preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.