Banquet Server - Limelight Ketchum
- Ketchum, ID, USA
- Job category: Limelight Hotel
- Job Location: Limelight Ketchum
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: On-Call
Our mission statement is to Live Passionately: Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community and Honor Place. We are distinguished from others in our belief that our employees should be encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally, and in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and our greatest investment.
The Banquet Server performs all tasks associated with setting up, serving, and breaking down of Events. He / She is responsible for the prompt, courteous, smooth and efficient service of food and beverage to guests during a banquet and outdoor functions.
Essential Job Functions
• Handle guest’s requests in a warm, friendly professional and efficient manner
• Maintain positive communication with kitchen personnel
• Ensure guests satisfaction. Inform Banquet Manager of guest’s comments and complaints
• Serve guests food and beverage according to standards of performance
• Set tables and check table setup according to standards
• Maintain the proper care and cleanliness of serving equipment. Stack and handle china, glass and silver to avoid breakage and misuse
• Assist in emergency and security procedures as directed by management and the established emergency plan
• Reset function rooms, clean all banquet areas and perform side duties assigned by the banquet supervisor
• Other duties as assigned
• High School graduate preferred
• Prior guest service experience is preferred
• Prior work experience in food and beverage is preferred
• Previous food and beverage experience preferred
• Basic wine knowledge preferred
• TIPS Certified is an advantage
• Ability to communicate and follow oral or written directions in English is required
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather) and work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outdoor weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to talk or hear.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain positions.