- Aspen, CO 81611, USA
- Job category: Mountain Operations
- Job Location: Aspen
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
The Lift Mechanic is responsible for the maintenance and inspection of ski lifts and related equipment utilized in on-mountain operations. This is technical position learning all aspects of resort and mountain operations.
Essential Job Functions
• Assist in scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of lifts and related equipment
• Assist in maintaining maintenance records
• Assist in lift operations including operating ski lifts;
o Being familiar with location of ski lifts on the mountain
o Know how to turn on & operate the lift controls
o Run lift on auxiliary or evacuation diesels
• Manage maintenance tools and equipment
• Assist in daily preventative maintenance inspections
• Communicate effectively with co-workers & supervisors about maintenance issues
• Update maintenance procedures & maintain records
• Develop a working knowledge of the Colorado Passenger Tramway Safety Board (CPTSB) & American National Standards Institute (ANSI) codes pertaining to ski lifts
• Other duties as assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions.
• Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Valid, current and unrestricted driver’s license
• High school degree or equivalent preferred
• Ability to understand directions and communicate effectively in English
• Previous mechanical experience preferred
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to walk and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit.
A physical assessment (Work Ready) is required for certain positions.
Skiing or Snowboarding is required for certain winter positions.