Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer
- Arlington, VA, USA
Ashburn Consulting, a Small Business based in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, specializes in providing network and network security solutions in complex environments to a select set of government and business clients. The company, an established leader in its field, is composed of an elite team of engineers and business consultants, each of whom is recognized —and highly regarded—within the network and security communities.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer shall serve as Task Lead in the development of ITS infrastructure, traffic signal, and integration of traffic control systems. ITS Engineer will be responsible for integrating various data streams and configuring databases to organize and archive data. This position will also assist in managing the fiber-optic traffic signal communications network, CCTV system and other ITS systems.
Specific project responsibilities shall include but are not limited to:
• Monitoring and managing ITS devices on the transportation fiber-optic network;
• Developing SOP for Server data backups and coordinating with IT Department;
• Customization of existing systems to leverage data for traffic engineering purposes.
• Dashboard development for reporting/tracking ITS assets;
• GIS based asset management;
• Developing Specifications for implementation of new systems;
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Minimum two years of experience in field of Intelligent Transportation Systems or Information Technology conducting similar services
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering or related field.
• Experience in SQL database management, scripting and macros.
• Expert in advanced excel, scripting to improve efficiency
• Ability to prepare schedules, cost estimates, and reports
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status