RN -Registered Nurse - Full Time (Hospice)
- 2340 Prince Ave, Athens, GA, United States
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
FT On Call RN (7 on/ 7 off: Every other week, Thursday through Thursday: 5pm to 8am)
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home setting
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and IDT to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the physician.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) conferences.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a registered nurse
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.