RN - Registered Nurse Full Time (Hospice)
- 595 Hurricane Shoals Road, Lawrenceville, GA, United States
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Full Time RN Opportunities
What You Will Do:
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending physician, patients and their families, and other members of the patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Assess and reassess all physical, environmental and emotional factors to determine hospice needs for patients in the home setting
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver
- and IDT to meet the emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver.
- Utilize a combination of agency resources and nationally recognized standards of practice to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high quality end-of-life care.
- Coordinate the total Plan of Care and maintains continuity of patient care by liaising with appropriate staff and the physician.
- Actively participates in Interdisciplinary Team (IDT) conferences.
- Provide supervision and evaluation of aides and nurses.
- Attend funerals/calling hours when appropriate as assigned by the bereavement coordinator.
- Current and unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse. An employee is this role is only able to provide clinical guidance to patients in states in which the employee possesses a current and unencumbered license.
- Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state’s practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in a NLC state to be eligible to have a multi-state license. See list of Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC)
- Minimum of one (1) year of nursing experience required.
- Current CPR certification
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.