RN -Registered Nurse - Hospice
- 1212 South Abington Road, Clarks Summit, Pennsylvania, United States
AseraCare Hospice is committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
** Full Time RNs**
Monday through Friday: Days
On Call RN - Monday 5pm to Thursday 8am
You're more than a RN Case Manager at AseraCare Hospice. With your vast experience, you know quality care and that's why we've entrusted you to join together with a team of spiritual care coordinators, social workers and counselors. That's because we know you'll go to any length for our patients during their end-of-life journeys. You'll ensure patients receive care on a variety of levels because at AseraCare Hospice, we consider the whole patient. That's why you'll participate in our interdisciplinary approach while simultaneously leading by example and setting only the highest standards. You'll engage with the patient's entire family to help them and other caregivers understand and support the process. You'll see your impact in this highly valuable role every day, as you adjust to new working environments and make a profound difference in the lives you touch. We are looking for qualified and compassionate candidates with considerable nursing experience. You are independent, flexible, a leader and ready to inspire our talented medical professionals to uphold our promise of quality care.
Manages overall care of assigned patients by coordinating and providing nursing assessment, planning and care to maximize the comfort and health of patients and families in accordance with the interdisciplinary plan of care. Supports the Provider Relations activities of the organization.
- Registered nurse with a current state license
- Current certification for CPR
- Minimum one (1) year general nursing experience with current hospice, medical, surgical or critical care experience
- Experience with providing pain management and IV skills preferred
- Experience in providing services to terminally ill patients
- Must be a licensed driver with a reliable automobile that is insured in accordance with state and organization requirements
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Commitment to the company philosophy of care
- Knowledgeable of Medicare certification requirements
- Excellent observation, nursing judgment and communication skills
- Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner
- Self-directed with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with patients, families, and other employees at all levels
- Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.