Sales Representative (Hospice)
- 280 Granite Run Drive, Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States
AseraCare Hospice is committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
There is a perception that exists about hospice care. At AseraCare, we are changing that perception by making moments matter in the lives of people with terminal illness as well as their loved ones. There is also a perception about sales. We’re changing that, too. As a Provider Relations Manager, you will engage your skills and expertise with people in the healthcare system and in your community. You will bring about meaningful change through promoting the benefits of hospice care and increasing both awareness and access to this important healthcare service. Along the way, you will join a team that is committed to serving people at the most vulnerable and sacred time of their lives. We are passionate about what we do, committed to leading in our industry and community, and even competitive about the way we operate. We have an opportunity for a results-driven, goal-oriented sales professional to connect their success story with ours. We look forward to speaking with you about this exciting opportunity to join our excellent business development team.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
Our mission at AseraCare Hospice is to share our passion for improving quality of life through innovative healthcare, one person, one family and one community at a time. We are able to deliver on our mission because we have great people. Each year, AseraCare conducts an employee engagement survey and for the past three years, our employee engagement scores have reached nearly 90%. We foster a culture that allows our employees to do their very best work in providing excellent end of life care to the patients and families we serve.
Responsible for generating business through qualified leads for assigned locations. Coordinate external activities that position the company as the leader in services and provider of choice in the market.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Grow business through new and existing referral sources.
- Initiation of leads through relationships with qualified sources and contact with patients and families
- Identify referral opportunities through market intelligence and territory management data
- Match company services with patient needs
- Develop and implement special events and presentations to assist in maximizing fair market share
- Represent and promote full line of company services by assigned locations
- Facilitate patient transition to company services
- Meet and exceed company established targets
- Effectively utilize company resources to grow business
- Collaborate with appropriate center employees and/or Direct Connect to determine new sources for leads
- Utilize company database to input all sales activities on a daily/weekly basis. Create weekly sales report reflecting the week's activities and referrals
- Create and report to appropriate management the 30/60/90 day business development plan
- Minimum two (2) years hospice/home health sales experience or demonstrated experience in a healthcare social work role
- Bachelor’s degree required. In lieu of a bachelor’s degree, exceptions will be made for associate’s degree and/or medical licensure for registered nurse or licensed practical nurse/licensed vocational nurse
- Experience in post-acute or acute organization
- Knowledge and experience with Managed Care, Medicare, state specific Medicaid regulations and electronic referral management, preferred
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Passion to serve others
- Ability to develop relationships quickly
- Ability to generate business and meet/exceed growth targets in assigned territory
- Excellent communication skills, including public speaking in the community served
- Manage account activity with minimal supervision
- Maintain and adhere to budgets
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to travel extensively in local market
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.