Director of Hospice Operations (RN) ($5,000 Sign On Bonus)
- 4115 North College Avenue, Jackson, Alabama, United States
AseraCare Hospice is committed to enhancing the lives of the patients we care for. Here, you'll find some of the best professionals in healthcare working together to provide the highest level of care to every patient and resident we serve. And, we're able to offer career opportunities that fit almost anyone's background or level of experience. From where you work to how you work to everything in between, we're confident that at AseraCare Hospice, you'll find exactly what you're looking for in your career.
Responsible for the overall operations of the Hospice agency. Entrusted to lead and manage an inter-disciplinary team of hospice care providers ensuring the highest level of care in an efficient and cost effective manner. Expected to manage all aspects of the operation resulting in meeting or exceeding company goals related to quality, operations, finances and employee retention. Supports business development and market growth strategies of the organization
- Registered Nurse with a current state license - Preferred
- Able to participate in Medicare/Medicaid programs
- Must have current CPR certification
- Must have healthcare management/ leadership experience, 2 years hospice preferred.
- Must have experience in providing services to terminally ill patients
- Must have 24-hour access to reliable automobile that meets state and company regulations regarding automobile liability insurance coverage. Must have a valid driver's license
- CHPN certification preferred
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & BEHAVIORS
- Must have ability to direct and supervise staff
- Must have knowledge of state, federal and accrediting regulations
- Knowledge of hospice reimbursement requirements preferred
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented and conscious of cost containment practices
- Must possess computer skills of the types and at a level necessary to accomplish the job
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality regarding patient and company proprietary information
- Must have the ability to relate professionally and positively and work cooperatively with other employees at all levels
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.