Business Development Manager - Cotswolds
- Cheltenham, UK
Nectar Imports (part of Asahi UK) are the South's leading drinks distributor to the on trade. From well-known brand names to the utterly quirky, whether you want the very latest in craft beers, or the trendiest gin in town we stock it all. Backed up by the best industry service standards you will find, Nectar really do deliver more and have an enviable reputation.
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end-to-end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager (BDM) to join our fast-paced, Cotswolds Field Sales team. As a BDM you will be responsible for achieving planned margin and volume targets by developing and maintaining key relationships with customers, building joint business plans to drive organic and sustainable growth.
Nectar have been the leading drinks supplier to trade in the south of England for over 30 years & became a subsidiary of Asahi UK Ltd in 2019.
We know the drinks business inside out and stock everything from the latest craft beer to premium spirits, wines and soft drinks sourced from around the world. We are known, not only for our amazing drinks portfolio, but for renowned levels of customer service which won't be beaten.
This opportunity will allow you to gain a deep understanding of a strong and growing business, and to drive company performance through your own initiative and ideas.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
Gross Margin & Volume Growth
- To develop Nectar’s share of both margin & volume within the designated account base.
- Ensure both individual & company targets are achieved.
Adherence to Policies & Procedures
- To adhere to Nectar’s policies & procedures across all areas of responsibility.
Account Base Management
- To manage your existing account base through regular customer reviews using CRM.
- Understand your accounts & build excellent working relationships with your customers.
- Identify ‘own brand’ opportunities.
- Offer and developing a full service to maximise all category opportunities.
- Ensure that all accounts are profitable and hit Nectar’s trading requirements.
- To develop customer partnerships through effective targeting of all available resources, including attendance at events as appropriate.
- To develop a prospect pipeline and a clear plan of how to win new business to ensure you maintain a positive net account base.
Cross Functional Working
- To build effective inter-departmental relationships and an understanding of the business to use the resources available to maximise opportunities.
- To build great working relationships with Suppliers and Nectar reflective brands to maximise customer satisfaction & Nectar profit opportunities.
- To work with the Credit Control teams to achieve period credit control targets.
- To work well within the Nectar team and offer help and support where needed.
- Proven sales record within major FMCG or drinks company.
- Demonstrates strong account management experience.
- Able to demonstrate a track record of delivering and managing several key projects simultaneously.
- Structured selling skills demonstrated and can adapt these to a premium environment.
- Can demonstrate an understanding of brand plans at Point of Purchase
- Highly self-motivated, with the ability to work on their own.
- Is accountable for achieving results and takes responsibility for one’s mistakes.
- Ability to present and communicate to a high standard
Key attributes of the successful candidate
- Having worked with Premium brands can articulate the benefits of the “Premium” sector.
- Understands the value of building a portfolio.
- Understands the whole concept of the right product for the right outlet/consumer.
- Can build mutually beneficial business planning i.e., need to understand what the customer wants to achieve then tailor to both their and our needs.
- Able to show initiative with a balanced approach.
- If the candidate is looking to progress, then the expectation would be to do this they may need to relocate.
- Have a good understanding of their current product and can articulate where it sits within its mark.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Car allowance
- Pension contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday
This role will be contracted from home with expected travel within the territory.
Please no agencies.