Retail Assistant - Dark Star Brewery
- Partridge Green, Horsham RH13, UK
Who Are We?
The Dark Star Brewing Company (part of Asahi UK) was born in 1994 in the cellar of a pub in Brighton. With a brew plant only marginally bigger than an enthusiastic home-brew kit the characteristic style of hoppy beers was developed and tried out on the willing guinea pigs at the bar.
With the help of passionate and dedicated brewing team, the beers produced at Dark Star were a huge success. As a result the business has grown to the extent we find ourselves in Partridge Green, just south west of Horsham, West Sussex, with a 45 barrel brewhouse.
Following the success and growth of the business, in early 2019 Dark Star was acquired by Asahi Europe & International where we have been able to focus on improving our quality and driving our unending pursuit of great tasting beers. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi Europe & International offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Brewery Shop Assistant to work every Friday and Saturday within the Dark Star Brewery Shop, and additional hours on flexible, casual basis as needed. The Brewery Shop is a well-established hub for our visiting customers and it’s a showcase for our rotating seasonal range of Craft Ales
The successful candidate should have experience of working within a sales environment, ideally within the premium drinks industry and possess strong communication and organisational skills. They will be enthusiastic about providing excellent customer service and will act as a key ambassador at the Dark Star Brewery.
- The face of our brewery experience the Brewery Shop Assistant will provide rounded knowledge of the Brewery, products and services
- Friendly and courteous and confident in dealing with customers face to face, upselling and promoting the brand wherever possible
- Dealing with customer enquiries, complaints and feedback in person, via phone, or e-mail
- Strong numeracy and comfortable dealing with card purchase and using a till system
- Booking tours or taking orders via telephone, e-mail and booking through payment systems
- Assisting with the organisation and hosting of internal and external events.
- Assist with the ordering and counting of stock. Stocktake administration and adjustments.
- Assist with promotion of the visitor experience including merchandising and advertising of offers in our Brewery Shop
- Assisting with shop admin included but not limited to ordering, cleaning & maintenance
- Assist with fulfilment of orders for the Brewery Online Shop
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff members for the Brewery Shop
- Uphold Health and Safety standards and report issues
- Maintain exceptional standards of cleanliness in all areas
What are we looking for?
- A passion for beer and our brand. We love beer and so do our customers. Previous experience with a beer or beverage offer would be ideal
- Fun, confident and enthusiastic personality who takes real pride in achieving exceptional customer service
- Proficient in IT with an understanding of spread sheets, word processing and social media
- Able to communicate with all levels of internal & external customer
- Confident in serving customers via a POS system
What you get:
- £9.50 per hour
- Staff Discounts
- To work in a fun culture
- You get to work at a brewery!
- 16 hours per week on a Friday and Saturday
- Shift pattern 8.30am - 4.30pm
- Additional hours on flexible, casual basis as needed
- The role is a Zero Hours contract
- The Dark Star Brewing Co. Ltd, Star Road, Partridge Green, West Sussex RH13 8RA
- Horsham – 20 min drive
- Brighton – 30 min drive
- Worthing – 30 min drive