Shift Brewer - Griffin Brewery
- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Brewing has taken place on the River Thames for more than 350 years and the Griffin Brewery opened there in 1845. Based in Chiswick, West London our Griffin Brewery is London’s oldest continuous working brewery and became part of Asahi UK through acquisition in 2019. It was the first brewery to win the CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain award and has produced a wave of acclaimed ales. Through timeless classics, such as Fuller’s London Pride and an ever evolving portfolio, Fuller’s Griffin Brewery has long championed real ale and British brewing excellence, offering beers to suit all consumer tastes.
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
We are looking for a Shift Brewer to join our Brewhouse team at our Griffin Brewery!
The Shift Brewer will produce wort of the correct quality and quantity in accordance with the weekly brew plan and control and management of fermenting beer. They will also be the person responsible for departmental and relevant site issues out of normal office hours when no brewing management are present on site.
The Shift Brewer is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
- Responsible for all the brewhouse operations on a shift basis, this includes malt milling, mashing, boiling and hop additions
- Acting brewing team leader outside of office hours
- Manage day to day activities of the Brewhouse Materials operator – this includes material unloading, sack malt additions, hop and other copper addition preparation and general housekeeping duties
- Responsible for the production of wort to the correct quality and quantity
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling fermentations to ensure beers ferment as normal and are cooled in a timely manner to achieve specification
- Work with the engineering department to identify and rectify area breakdowns quickly
- Work with the engineering projects function on any projects that impact the brewhouse
- Responsible for brewhouse FEMAS (Feed accreditation) paperwork and sampling.
- Review and update Brewhouse ISO operating manuals
- To work with other members of the brewing team on Better Future 2030 projects
- Previous experience for working in a brewery or FMCG production environment is essential
- Experience of relevant food safety and quality systems
- Knowledge of ISO accreditation and standards
- IBD diploma or working towards achieving it
Key attributes of the successful person
- Demonstrable analytical, practical, problem solving and planning skills
- Be able to work either as part of a team or on their own
- Be able to make decisions
- Attention to detail
- Quality focused
- Good communication skills
- IT literate on both PCs and production control systems
- Capable of multitasking
Working patterns will vary and include: Early: 05:00 - 13:00 and Late: 12:00 - 20:00, Monday to Friday.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.