Regional Account Manager - South London & Kent
- London, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity and are looking for a Regional Account Manager to join our South London Field Sales team. Reporting into the Regional Sales Manager - London, this role is accountable for driving new distribution of our core brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro and Asahi Super Dry within the region to support the overall growth and to contribute to the wider business goals.
The Regional Account Manager (RAM) will develop appropriate new business opportunities and convert these into profitable distribution for Asahi UK in adherence to AUK’s outlet segmentation. The RAM needs to ensure proactive communication with the rest of the Asahi UK organisation, in particular the Route to Market and Leased and Tenanted channels in order to increase distribution on draught and packaged products. and packaged products.
The Regional Account Manager is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
New Business / Acquisition
- Responsibility for delivering the Free Trade & Leased & Tenanted Draught Installation regional plan in order to meet and exceed targets.
- Strict adherence of AUK’s outlet segmentation in the free trade to protect brand equity long term
- New business to be won with key rate of sale drivers in place e.g. dual stocking, standalone fount, glassware usage wherever possible
- Seamless handover of new business to Account Development Manager once install is complete and brand is successfully pouring. Initial account admin to be completed to measure account starting point before handover.
- Establish process and approach to building continuous pipeline of business and regular communication with key route to market partners
- Build and maintain general relationships with Route to Market partners to ensure mutual business growth
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key Multiple Retail Groups to enhance growth in this sector
- Ensure opportunities for proposals to customers are maximised and negotiate where necessary for mutual financial benefit
- Resolution of client issues and to deal with problems if escalated
- Facilitate cooperative work with the MOT / Route To Market account handlers to ensure retention of MRGs and Installation targets and volume targets are achieved
- Build relationships with Key Stakeholders to ensure effective cross team working
- Finance: Ensure Trade Investment Budget is utilised to maximise impact at Point of Purchase (CAP Policy)
- Proactive communication with Regional Sales Manager to keep up to date and to allow for course correction / action to be taken where required
- Adaptive Insights for contracted group forecasting and retro accruals
- CRM to capture prospects, calls and keeping customer records up to date at all times
- Power BI reporting
- Prospect pipeline trackers (ideally via CRM)
- Experience of working with premium brands, protecting brand equity and delivering brand execution within strict brand guidelines (within alcohol beneficial)
- A track record of building superior customer relationships & building a strategic customer contact strategy and network
- Clear demonstration of delivering and exceeding new business targets within the on trade
- Structured selling skills combined with strong drive and energy
- Negotiating contracts & marketing spend to deliver company & brand goals
- Relevant commercial sales responsibility in a successful FMCG business at AM level
- Ability to take the initiative, explore and deliver new business opportunities
- Manages & scrutinises budgets for account base, demonstrates ability to target spend within customer portfolio to maximise ROI
- Great communication skills coupled with a willingness to engage and deliver a super premium agenda
- Experience in working with internal colleagues across different functions
Key attributes of the successful person
- Excellent knowledge of the UK on trade, including route to market partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels to ensure the sales & customer marketing teams are aligned and to influence improvements in ways of working
- Ability to facilitate change within teams. Candidate must be able to influence teams to be flexible to the ever-changing UK on-trade market and needs of the business.
- A background in a combination of the following: Customer/Field Marketing, FMCG Sales, On Trade sales
- Commercial management experience & budget management
- Computer experience required (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Ability to motivate & influence others
- Enterprise wide thinker
- Team player and motivator
- Analytical thinker with strong commercial acumen
- Dynamic and passionate
- Courage and conviction to stand by decisions that you believe in
- Strong drive & ambition to grow and develop within the business
- Creative thinker, able to think outside of the box and focused on solutions to delivering strong results
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Car allowance
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.