- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Asahi UK is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
We are looking to recruit a transport load planner to take responsibility for day-to-day load planning coordinating daily loads for all modes of transportation.
The Griffin Brewery has as much as 30 vehicles departing from the site every day servicing our customers. This role is crucial in the planning and execution of delivries to said customers. You will be reviewing and making recommendations for improvements, working on optimisation, ensuring each routing is achieving maximum efficiency aiding the company to keep costs to the minimum and resolve any dispatch or delivery time issues with customers, and to present an achievable sequenced route to each driver.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND OUTPUTS:
- Routing Module. Adjust the available settings in line with company requirements to enable the optimum use of the resources available whilst maintaining customer expectations and the wellbeing of the drivers.
- Efficient routing. To provide the best use of vehicles and people for the daily requirement. Concentrating on achieving delivery targets whilst minimising hours worked, and distance travelled.
- Delivery instructions. Customer details, delivery windows. Adhoc details are always current
- New Accounts. Ensure that all the relevant information is obtained to minimise risk for the first delivery.
- Site Assessments. Are issued with first delivery and reassessed if the delivery point changes and raises an unsafe working act, these should be encouraged at Debrief. Any high-risk sites must be assessed by a Health & Safety Champion.
- Communication. Working with the Senior Load Planner conduct regular meetings engage into 2-way communication and using this time to resolve concerns and re-educate our process and policies.
- Debrief. Resolve issues raised at debrief and ensure the entire team are processed and all information has been obtained.
We would love to hear from you if you have?
- Previous planning experience within a transport and logistics remit
- Paragon knowledge and previous experience would be ideal
- Strong organisational skills and a track record of driving efficiencies.
- Excellent communication skills
- Works well under pressure.
- Computer Literate
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- Medical cash plan
- Life Assurance
- £520 beer allowance annually
- 20% discount at the Griffin Brewery Store
- 25 days holiday
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Full-time - 37.5 hours a week
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green