National Account Manager - Morrison's
- Woking, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
We are recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a National Account Manager - Morrison's to join our Off Trade sales team.
This is a key role accountable for driving sustainable growth of the Asahi UK portfolio across Morrison's, working with strategic channel partners to build long term relationships, and deliver joint business plans. As National Account Manager you will have full P&L responsibility, build and develop an insight and category led approach to the channel that will encompass a broad contact strategy with internal and external stakeholders.
You will focus on delivering growth plans across the customer through commercial excellence and superior relationships with our key contacts at all levels.
You will ensure that a plan is in place that continues to keep AUK’s portfolio at the forefront of premium developments with all customers, backed by sound commercial principles and industry leading relationships. You will analyse customer’s sales data, identifying risks and opportunities, and turning these insights into National and Regional action plans.
As National Account Manager you will also support the National Account Controller with the development of commercial strategy and key projects.
The NAM is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
- Full ownership and P&L responsibility
- Planning, development and implementing of key trading strategies within Morrison's including all channels of trade
- Responsible for the development, execution and evaluation of the Morrison's commercial plan (Terms/AI management). This will include ensuring the plan is delivered across all formats in a timely manner to ensure maximum benefit to AUK with a focus on retail execution
- Proactively position AUK as Super Premium champions across all aspects of the Morrison's, bringing the strategy to life with key activations, category management initiatives and a communication strategy
- Own relationships with external Morrison's contacts, develop the contact strategy to deliver commercial plans within brand guidelines, tailored to specific areas of business
- Ownership of customer data relationship, analysing data and insight to shape future plans and target activity. Feedback key insights to Morrison's to shape thinking & plans.
- Effective management of Trade investment to maximise brand building opportunities and PRGM.
- Manage and maintain SKU volume, NPR and GM forecasting across the direct account base.
- Seek new business & brand building opportunities both within the existing account base & new routes to market
- Experience of working with premium brands, protecting brand equity and delivering brand execution within strict brand guidelines (within alcohol beneficial)
- A track record of building superior customer relationships & building a strategic customer contact strategy and network
- Structured selling skills combined with strong drive and energy
- Negotiating contracts & marketing spend to deliver company & brand goals
- Relevant commercial sales responsibility in a successful FMCG business at NAM level
- Ability to take the initiative, explore and deliver new business opportunities
- Manages & scrutinises budgets for account base, demonstrates ability to target spend within customer portfolio to maximise ROI
- Great communication skills coupled with a willingness to engage and deliver a super premium agenda
- Experience in working with internal colleagues across different functions
- Experience in dealing with experienced buyers, regional contacts and other key customer contacts. A track record of superior customer relationships.
- Understands how money is made; has managed a P&L and has a proven track record of P&L growth & mix management
- An individual that has the courage and conviction to not only make considered and well presented decisions, but to stand by them.
- Ability to seek out and generate new business.
- Graduate calibre preferred
Key attributes of the successful person
- Dynamic and passionate
- Resilient and with confidence to uphold strategic decisions
- Proactively engaged team player
- Accountable for actions and commitments
- Strong drive & ambition to grow and develop within the business
- Innovative with solutions & challenging of the status quo
- Ability to motivate & influence others
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Car allowance
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Health care / dental insurance / income protection
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.