- Liskeard PL14, UK
Cornish Orchards was founded in 1999 in Duloe, South East Cornwall. The success and growth of our ciders and soft drinks has been incredible and we put this down to great people, great ingredients and a passion for great cider.
Cornish Orchards blends the best of traditional cider-making with all the best practices you expect to see in a modern dynamic drinks business. We pride ourselves with our attention to quality, food hygiene standards and environmental practices to produce the very highest quality products.
Since April 2019 Cornish Orchards has been part of Asahi UK. Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
We are looking for a Laboratory Technician to join our Cornish Orchards team.
The Laboratory Technician supports the Quality Assurance framework for Cornish Orchards. You would be assisting in both product quality control through laboratory testing, as well as routine due diligence and environmental compliance activities.
- Test samples and analyse results following approved methods taking all necessary steps to ensure precision and repeatability.
- Training and validation of operator QC testing in production areas.
- Calibration, validation and basic maintenance of laboratory instruments.
- Drive quality assurance improvements and aid in the development of testing routines throughout the production operation.
- Manage QC store and start of shelf life/ end of shelf life testing.
- Sample management for lab proficiency schemes.
- Collect and test samples following approved methods to ensure compliance with consent for discharge.
- Regularly collect and send samples to ensure drinking water quality.
- Accurately entering results into various spreadsheets/ databases and delivering reports based on this information.
- Produce results in a timely manner to help production departments keep on schedule for routine and addition/investigative work.
- Communicate product status clearly and effectively to relevant areas.
- Organising and setting up routine product tasting.
Hygiene and H&S
- Working in accordance to all hygiene schedules
- Working in accordance with all HSE policies & procedures
- BSc or equivalent in a related Science discipline
- Experience in an analytical laboratory, preferably in the food industry
- Basic knowledge of HACCP requirements
- Strong IT skills including competent use of MS Office
Key attributes of the successful person
- Good analytical skills and microbiological technique.
- Ability to produce high quality data and accurate information.
- Strong communication skills that can be tailored to all levels of production.
- Outstanding team work.
- Flexibility to multi-task and prioritise workload.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to support production teams.
- Organisational skills, dealing with a variety of IT packages.
- Knowledge in terms of our quality standards, health and safety and any external legalisation relevant to this department.
- A working knowledge of Cornish Orchards brands and products.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- 25 days holiday
- Product allowance worth £520
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- And much more!
- Full-time permanent role
- 5 days per week (8am - 5pm)
- Location - Liskeard - Parking on site
Please no agencies.