- Hindon, Salisbury SP3, UK
Nectar Imports (part of Asahi UK) are the South’s leading drinks distributor to the pub and hospitality sector.
We are looking to recruit a new Driver - 7.5 tonne to help deliver their wide range of premium drink products to customers.
Who are We?
From well-known brand names to the utterly quirky, whether you want the very latest in craft beers, or the trendiest gin in town we stock it all. Backed up by the best industry service standards you will find, Nectar really do deliver more and have an enviable reputation.
As part of the global Asahi group, we are delighted to be able to offer an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards.
As a driver it will be your responsibility to help deliver the wide range of brands and be at the front line in dealing directly with our customers.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- First and foremost to deliver products to customers
- To work safely with your fellow drivers, draymen and warehouse, unloading all supplied products.
- Be aware of the next day’s journey and follow the sequenced route.
- Check the vehicle in accordance with the driver’s daily check sheet and take action as required before departure.
- Check load security and that all necessary equipment, paperwork, fuel card and customer keys are on board prior to leaving he depot for the day’s journey.
- Unload goods at the customer’s premises safely, efficiently and always in a considerate and polite fashion taking into account that care and attention for the general public must be considered at all times.
- Adhere to transport legislation and take work time and driving breaks in accordance with the rules in place.
- Assist with keeping the delivery fleet clean and in good working order at all times.
- Assist with warehouse duties as required.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- 7.5 tonne licence and up to date CPC
- A passion for delivering great customer service is a pre-requisite
- A track record of working safely and supporting other team members
- A good attention to detail, ensuring accurate paperwork is completed.
- You will be happy to undertake manual handling as part of the role and a strong team player
The Hard Truth
The role is hard work! It is a physically demanding role with multi-drops but there are some great benefits:
Benefits - what you get:
- First rate training to ensure you have all the tools and support to deliver!
- A competitive salary - with the opportunity to work overtime
- Bonus potential
- 25 days holiday
- Product allowance
- Life assurance
- You get to work with a great team in working for a world class super premium beer company!
- 45 hours a week Monday - Friday
- Full time perm position
- Nectar Imports head office - 35 mins from Salisbury, 20 mins from Warminster, 45 mins from Yeovil