- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Brewing has taken place on the River Thames for more than 350 years and the Griffin Brewery opened there in 1845. Based in Chiswick, West London our Griffin Brewery is London’s oldest continuous working brewery and became part of Asahi UK through acquisition in 2019. It was the first brewery to win the CAMRA Champion Beer of Britain award and has produced a wave of acclaimed ales. Through timeless classics, such as Fuller’s London Pride and an ever evolving portfolio, Fuller’s Griffin Brewery has long championed real ale and British brewing excellence, offering beers to suit all consumer tastes.
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
We are looking for a Brewing Operator to join our Brewhouse team at our Griffin Brewery!
Working safely and within the quality guidelines with members of the brewing department and members of other departments to transfer and process beer and yeast at various stages within the brewing cycle. This can include but not limited to, cropping of FVs, running the green beer centrifuges, transferring wort via the Paraflow from the brewhouse into FV, yeast addition to FV, transferring beer to packaging, weighing out hops and sack malt additions.
The Brewing Operator is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities.
Brewing Operators can cover a wide variety of different operations within the brewery, below are a brief outline of these areas. An Operator would be expected to be proficient in 3-4 of these jobs.
- Paraflow operation – running the Paraflow, CIP of FVs, CIP of relevant brewhouse equipment, yeast addition to wort, FV gravity checks.
- Brewhouse materials - this includes material unloading, sack malt additions, hop and other copper addition preparation and general housekeeping duties
- Yeast operations – Removal of yeast from FVs, CIP of yeast vessels and routes, loading of Marmite and Brewery liquid waste tankers, FEMAS paperwork and sampling
- Maturation operations – operation of Green beer centrifuges, sending beer to cask racking, yeast reseeding addition, CIP of tanks, mains and relevant equipment in area.
- Conditioning area – receiving beer from FV, dispatching beer to packaging, loading and unloading of road tankers, operation of the filter and associated equipment, send beer to filter, CIP of tanks and mains.
- Work with the engineering department to identify and rectify area breakdowns quickly
- Site health and safety
- Housekeeping and hygiene duties
- To work with other members of the brewing team on Better Future 2030 projects
- Previous experience for working in a brewery or FMCG production environment
- Shift working
Key attributes of the successful person
- Be able to work either as part of a team or on their own
- Attention to detail
- Quality focused
- Safety focused
- Good communication skills
- IT literate on both PCs and SCADA systems
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Discounted onsite food offerings
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.