- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Asahi UK is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide.
We are looking to recruit a Drayman to support our drivers and help deliver beer to our customers. This role is a physical role that requires strong customer service skills, coupled with team work skills to ensure we deliver our products on time and in full.
Asahi take a great deal of pride in their high levels of customer service and as such building strong relationships with said customer group will be key to making this role a success.
Working with an HGV driver you will be responsible for the safe delivery of goods to Asahi customers. The role requires the loading and unloading of vehicles, ensuring goods are safely secured.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND OUTPUTS:
- Safe loading of vehicles and ensuring load security at all times
- Delivery of kegs, casks, packaged beer, wines and other products
- Ensure excellent customer service levels are delivered and maintained at all times
- Proactively minimising day to day delivery failures by identifying solutions where required
- Actively promoting and engaging with new ways of working and Distribution processes
- Effective day-to-day communication between yourself, line managers and the warehouse teams
- Complete delivery risk assessments at new and existing accounts
- This list is not exhaustive and duties may change from time to time
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Appreciation for nature of the work, with heavy lifting a key activity of day-to-day work, a key of beer weighs 61 kg and a kiln of beer weighs approximately 100kg. the job could involve delivering up to 250 of these per shift
- An understanding of what good customer service looks like
- Can work well within a team
- An appreciation of how to work safely
- We are looking for a smart and organised individual with a positive attitude who can be an ambassador for Asahi
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- Site based bonus
- Medical plan
- Life Assurance
- £520 beer allowance annually
- 20% discount at the Griffin Brewery Store
- 25 days holiday
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Full-time, perm role - 45 hours a week
- Expect early starts
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green