- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
The Reverse Logistics Coordinator is responsible for managing both service and cost through the tactical planning and management of empty keg returns to ABEG brewery from UK customers and warehouses.
The role is critical to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction (prompt collection of empty kegs) and high levels of production line utilisation at the breweries (swift delivery of empty kegs, and good visibility of the pipeline).
The Reverse Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities
- Achieve On Time and In Full service metrics for all customers by coordinating return of kegs to breweries by direct from customer and warehouses including working with the wider business and supply Chain team and, from planning and supply through to sales and finance.
- Proactively manage the empty keg order process from start to finish on the ERP system; ensuring accuracy and conformity to Asahi shipping requirements. Manage manual and automated system order processes; suggest and implement process and system improvements where necessary
- Maintain an accurate picture of the empty kegs in stock and in transit to breweries to help with production planning. Provide regular updates to the teams and managers as required.
- Manage international service providers to ensure that empty kegs are collected promptly, ETAs are updated, and actual deliveries are confirmed.
- Work with the breweries to cross-check their returns records against records on the UK ERP system, and the updates provided by hauliers.
- Control 3PL service providers to ensure they transact empty kegs correctly and promptly on their systems and that customer balances are reported accurately.
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers; listen to their needs and act on it. Make decisions to enhance the customer experience and deliver the perfect order.
- Set the right impression as first point of contact with customers and consumers over the phone and via email; displaying excellent communication skills, manage queries and solve problems as they arise.
- Identify new opportunities to streamline the return process, take an ownership and make accountable decisions to ensure delivery of excellent service
- Seek improvements based on in-depth analysis of KPI haulier reviews and Supply Chain performance service level
- Responsibility for TW Slot booking system for empty keg carriers
- Manage the return of POD’s and post goods receipts
- Manage the system reconciliation of returns on Transwide and SAP
- Reconciliation of Direct Chep pallet transactions and resolve any discrepancies
- Primary contact for hauliers regarding any return transport issues
- Identify new opportunities for future efficiencies on freight management both primary and direct
- Working with breweries and UK warehouses to minimise empty keg sortation charges.
- Assist in the preparation for month-end by ensuring that all records are up to date.
- Attending quarterly Keg Watch/BBPA Meetings
- Contacting (and if necessary meeting) customers to address keg imbalance issues.
- Responsible for daily transport schedule and stock report
- Ensure all carrier delays and incidents are logged and the damage tracker is updated. Raising and managing haulier and brewery claims
- Ensure additional charges and deviations from budget are recorded
- Provide information on foreign kegs and locator boards returned to the brewery and any customers returning less than a half load for monthly keg meeting
- Measure and report on the “weeks in trade” KPI for all keg assets.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a demonstrated aptitude for developing others.
- System experience in a SAP environment.
- Supplier or customer relationship management exposure.
- Experience in a high volume, detailed and process driven organisation.
- Degree level educated/Graduate calibre.
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail.
- Possible knowledge of either FMCG or UK or international supply chain logistics.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.