- Berwick St Leonard, Salisbury SP3 5SN, UK
Nectar Imports (part of Asahi UK) is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
The role is based at our Hindon distribution centre attached to Nectar Imports.
We are looking to recruit a Warehouse Supervisor to support the management of the warehouse day shift team.
In the Warehouse Team Leader’s absence, the warehouse supervisor or Deputy Team Leader will manage the team, ensuring performance by motivating team members to work to the best of their ability.
You will also be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely dispatch of orders to our growing customer base across a range of Warehouse functions. As a member of the warehouse team you will be working towards the daily deadlines and ensure the time deadlines are met to the highest standards.
- Manage, lead and coach team in the absence of the warehouse manager.
- Ensure your team receives regular feedback on their performance, positive and constructive and use this information to help lift individuals. Motivation is key - each employee must feel valued.
- Communication - ensure that handovers and team briefs are managed professionally and regularly so as to ensure everyone has the information they need to do their job.
- Control all warehouse operations and ensure the warehouse team is working in a safe and efficient manner whilst maintaining a co-operative relationship with other warehouse staff, and personnel from other departments
- Pre-pick for the late shift to enable them to achieve their targets
- Run the daily Team Leader’s report that will notify you of any special requirements agreed with any customers.
- Ensure stock is kept safe and in the best possible condition ensuring sell-by date rotation at ALL times
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Strong people management skills, ideally with proven experience in a supervisory roles.
- Experience of working within a small team in a warehouse environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A developed awareness of Health & Safety considerations in a warehouse environment.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Forklift licence an advantage.
- Knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems is desirable.
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- Site based bonus
- Life Assurance
- Product allowance
- Product discount
- 25 days holiday
- You get to for a drinks business!
- Full-time - 42.5 hours a week
- Day Shift - 8am-5pm
- Nectar Imports head office - 35 mins from Salisbury, 20 mins from Warminster, 45 mins from Yeovil