- London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, London, UK
Asahi UK is responsible for producing iconic British brands including cask beers London Pride and Dark Star Hophead, craft lager brand Frontier, as well as Cornish Orchards cider which has joined much-loved premium beers such as Asahi Super Dry, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, and Meantime under Asahi International ownership.
Asahi UK brings together the Production, Supply chain and Distribution elements of Asahi’s operations in the UK. These encompass the Griffin Brewery (Fullers Brewery), Meantime Brewing and Retail Companies, Cornish Orchards Ltd, the Fullers Distribution network, including the Horndean distribution depot and the existing Asahi UK Warehousing and Distribution network, including export operations as well as Supply and Demand Planning for the area’s covered by Asahi UK Holdings.
Asahi are looking to recruit a Warehouse Operative at the historic Griffin Brewery in Chiswick.
As a warehouse operative, you be responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely dispatch of orders to our growing customer base across a range of Warehouse functions. As a member of the warehouse team you will be working towards the daily deadlines and ensure the time deadlines are met to the highest standards.
- The loading and unloading of large pack product
- Ensure the safe loading of kegs, casks, packaged beer, wines and other products into our Fuller’s vehicles to be delivered across our estate
- Ensure time deadlines within the busy Warehouse environment are met, working closely with the Warehouse Team Leader to control the workflow and organisation of the team
- Ensure accuracy and compliance of all paperwork within the Warehouse team
- Minimising day to day loading issues and ensuring that they are resolved quickly and to a high standard
- Actively promoting and engaging with new ways of working and Warehouse processes
- Maintenance of company property, such as the company vehicles, forklift trucks and PPE
- Ensure accountability for stock losses within the busy Warehouse environment
- Ensure the operational environment is maintained in relation to hygiene and cleanliness
- This list is not exhaustive and duties may change from time to time.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- Hands-on and proactive with a positive "can do attitude"
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to workload
- Disciplined approach to work including the ability to work under pressure
- Keen eye for Health & Safety, reporting all relevant incidents and potential issues that occur.
- Excellent day-to-day time management, both personally and for your daily Warehouse schedule
- Strong administration skills and an accuracy of paperwork compliance
- Keen to promote new ways of working and actively support innovation within the Warehouse
- Confidently meets deadlines and seeks to go above and beyond with their positive attitude
- Good level of verbal and written English
- Appreciation for nature of the work, with heavy lifting and forklift truck use a key activity of day-to-day work
- Ideally previous Warehouse, Logistics, Supply Chain or Manufacturing experience
- Ideally a forlkift licence but we will provide the training if you do not.
What You Get?
- Competitive basis salary
- Site based bonus
- Life Assurance
- £520 beer allowance annually
- 20% discount at the Griffin Brewery Store
- 25 days holiday
- You get to work at a brewery!
- Full-time - 40 hours a week
- Griffin Brewery, Chiswick
- Nearest tube station Stamford Brook (district line)
- Overground - Turnham Green