Regional Sales Manager - South
- London, UK
- Employees can work remotely
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) to join our South Asahi UK Field Sales team.
As Regional Sales Manager South you will lead, manage and develop a regional Field Sales team across a territory from Kent to Cornwall. The RSM must identify suitable territories, recruit new team members and develop and implement Field Sales organisational processes & guidelines.
In a sales target and result led environment, the RSM must focus on developing the team’s competencies and manage their performance in order to increase distribution on draught and packaged products and to retain and develop existing business. You will have full commercial investment ownership and responsibility for approving commercial deals within the AUK guidelines as well as ensuring ongoing governance of these policies. As RSM you must ensure that the team are communicating and cooperating appropriately with the rest of the Asahi UK organisation and 3rd party trading partners in the Route to Market channels. Field Sales is a key talent pool for the AUK organisation and as RSM you will develop the next generation of Key Account and National Account Managers.
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
Lead Regional Sales Team
- Lead the performance of a remote team to ensure they are motivated and empowered in taking ownership of individual goals set.
- Coach and develop team competencies to achieve full potential in current role and to prepare individuals for future roles in AUK
- Recruit and train high calibre account managers to build future capability within AUK.
- Responsibility for the management and development of the regional commercial investment budget and ROI.
- Formulate and execute the regional strategic plan based in order to deliver the overall AUK Field Sales strategy at a regional level.
- Responsibility for delivering the Free Trade & Leased & Tenanted Draught Installation plan in order to meet and exceed targets.
- Responsible for managing, maintaining and growing existing free trade draught distribution.
- Delivery of the brand activation plan across the full portfolio driving visibility, ROS and the perfect brand experience for draught beer consumers in independent outlets.
- Establish processes and control operational standards to report and against key metrics with a focus on continuous improvement and actions in the Commercial Review Process.
- Drive collaborative working relationship with our direct delivered independent free trade channel, Nectar.
- Specific responsibility for building and maintaining key account relationships. These should include; National Wholesaler Regional Directors, Strategic Regional Wholesaler Sales Directors, L&T Divisional Directors.
- Build and maintain general relationships with Route to Market partners to ensure mutual business growth
- Build and maintain effective relationships with key Multiple Retail Groups to enhance growth in this sector
- Ensure opportunities for proposals to customers are maximised and negotiate where necessary for mutual financial benefit
- Encourage team members to resolve client issues; deal with problem if escalated
- Ensure that mutually beneficial relationships exist with our current draught customer base to drive incremental volumes
- Facilitate cooperative work between the RSM team and the RTM and Managed On Trade Channel account handlers to ensure Retention, Installation targets and volume targets are achieved.
- Be an ambassador for Field Sales and the region, communicating the team’s role to ensure management of team’s valuable time.
- Build relationships with Key Stakeholders to ensure effective cross functional working with other sales channels, trade marketing, finance, DTS, PRGM and brands.
- Finance: Ensure Commercial Investment Budgets are utilised to maximise ROI.
- Monitor and authorise team expenses and investments to ensure financial control on all expenditure.
- Experience of working with premium brands, developing brand equity and delivering brand execution within guidelines.
- A track record of building superior customer relationships & building a strategic customer contact strategy and network
- Structured selling skills combined with strong drive and energy
- Negotiating contracts & commercial investment to deliver company & brand goals
- Relevant commercial sales responsibility in a successful FMCG business at NAM level
- Ability to take the initiative, explore and deliver new business opportunities
- Manages & scrutinises budgets for account base, demonstrates ability to target spend within customer portfolio to maximise ROI
- Great communication skills coupled with a willingness to engage and deliver a super premium agenda
- Experience in working with internal colleagues across different functions
Key attributes of the successful person
- Excellent knowledge of the UK on trade, including route to market partners
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels to ensure the sales & customer marketing teams are aligned and to influence improvements in ways of working
- Training & coaching skills, candidate should have successful track record of leading, motivating and developing teams & individuals
- Ability to facilitate change within teams. Candidate must be able to influence teams to be flexible to the ever-changing UK on-trade market and needs of the business.
- A background in a combination of the following: Customer/Field Marketing, FMCG Sales, On Trade sales
- Commercial management experience to NAM level & budget management
- Computer experience required (Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- Previous line management responsibility / experience preferred but not essential
- Ability to motivate & influence others
- Enterprise wide thinker
- Team player and motivator
- Analytical thinker with strong commercial acumen
- Dynamic and passionate
- Courage and conviction to stand by decisions that you believe in
- Strong drive & ambition to grow and develop within the business
- Creative thinker, able to think outside of the box and focused on solutions to delivering strong results
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package, inclusive of;
- Car allowance
- Annual bonus
- 28 crates of beer per annum
- Health care / dental insurance / income protection
- Industry-leading pension contribution
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.