Draught Technical Representative
- Woking, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
We're looking for four Draught Technical Representatives to join our Asahi UK (AUK) business critical Draught Technical Services team!
As Draught Technical Representative you will be field-based and responsible for the installation and maintenance of AUK’s draught brands within a range of outlets.
Our Draught Technical Representatives ensures the product quality and technical specification is achieved in line with budget. Responsible for the operational delivery of services via work requests raised by AUK’s On Trade Sales team as well as ensuring effective communication for the progress of the work requests to the AUK On Trade sales team and DTS Operational teams. The role has contact with directly with customers on a daily basis. It is key to ensuring complete customer and consumer satisfaction at the point of dispense for Asahi UK draught products. Focusing on providing industry leading effective and professional levels of service delivery in line with budget. Seen as the expert in terms of technical and quality knowledge able to provide dispense solutions appropriate to the customer’s requirements. The role is responsible for providing clear instruction on dispense system use and maintenance along with guidance on best practice for cellar management whilst being an ambassador for AUK’s brands.
If you've got the following experience required, we'd love to hear from you;
- Knowledge and experience of the Drinks or Beer Industry at a minimum level of five-year field experience is required
- Recognized qualification in terms of Dispense systems or similar practical skills. Experience in a customer facing operational role managing work orders within an FMCG environment
- Been in a customer facing role previously, able to build up strong relationships with customers, acting often as their main point of contact.
- Experience of training on a 1-2-1 basis
- Basic project management experience
- Excellent PC skills: in Excel, proficient in Word & PowerPoint
- User experience of recognised CRM tool.
- Brewing process and or brand knowledge ideal
Key attributes of the successful person
- Customer and quality focused.
- Ability to influence customers and suppliers through written and verbal communication ▪ Demonstrates commercial awareness and good analytical skills.
- Able to build productive customer relationships that deliver against the business objective of a Premium Brand Owner
- Able to work within a field based environment with the ability to communicate and influence both senior stakeholders and other departments within the business.
- Able to work on own initiative with integrity and minimal supervision
- Demonstrates administration skills and attention to detail thorough and logical approach to work.
- Ability to quickly develop a good working knowledge of CRM type systems
- Diligent in completion of tasks and projects
- Able to work effectively in a close-knit team, often in pressurized situation
If successful you'd be responsible for the following accountabilities;
Provide engineering support to the current draught universe of outlets which serve AUK’s brands, with levels of engineering support that allows for swift resolution of technical issues and equipment failure in line with agreed SLA’s and budge.
Activities would include:
- Working within a designated postcode area attend outlets to resolve dispense technical faults. Work with the customer to understand the issues and provide a solution based on a route cause analysis.
- Working at all times to achieve regulatory Health and Safety (H&S) compliance and in line with AUK’s H&S policy.
- Deliver fault resolution with a quality and cost focus taking a Right First Time approach Provide one 2 one knowledge based training in outlet, to key stakeholders, relating to the ongoing maintenance of the dispense system and related activities such as glass-washing and line cleaning
- Support the maintenance function within agreed hours of service support which will include evenings and weekends.
- Providing the primary point of contact for customers relating to technical resolution out of office hours
- Ensure all equipment used in the support of this function is correctly tracked
- Update the records for the outlet such as bar plan, code of practice and assets installed / removed
- Check that all AUK brands installed are pouring to specification prior to departure
- Ensure compliance with Code of Practice for dispense pressure systems within each outlet AUK have a product pouring in
- Resolve or escalate any issues relating to service or product quality to the draught management team
- Provide engineering support for events and mobile bar installations
Delivery of Draught Installations and upgrade program
- Complete the installation programme for AUK’s draught products and agreed agency brands within agreed outlets achieving set technical standards within SLA and budget. This activity may also include installation at events.
- Responsible for physically installing or managing the installation activity within nominated region
- Coordinate any support from the wider in-house technicians or through working closely with agreed outsourced service provision
- Responsible for delivery of each work request to the agreed SLA or agreed deadline and communicate the progress of the activity to the work request originator and wider DTS operational team
- Accountable for tracking all equipment stock used on each specific installation or service call
- Responsible for Installing the equipment to agreed technical specifications
- Liaising with outlets to complete the booking in process and ensure the outlet is ready to receive the installation by checking any remedial work is completed and product and correct gas are on site to allow the work to be completed.
Planning and Delivering the Work Load
- The role is responsible for self-managing workloads within the specified post code region with support from the Draught Operations team and Operations Manager. Service and Performance
- Ensure delivery for all activity within agreed service levels and in line with customer expectations.
- Achieve equipment stock accuracy levels
- Meet agreed outsourcing levels for activity within the specified postcode regions.
- Build and maintain supportive relationships at an operational level with internal and external customers and companies, managing and delivering against expectations. Achieving administrative accuracy levels in relation to system updates and record keeping Attend outlet site meetings as required to provide technical solutions and communicate any customer related activity to allow the installation / upgrade or maintenance activity to be completed.
- Actively devise and investigate ways to improve the service offering for technical installation and maintenance operation in the spirit of continuous improvement, reducing complexity, improving administrative efficiency, and working more effectively with other teams and partners.
- Support the Draught Operations Manager in the design and implementation of new services / processes,
- Support the Draught Operations Manager as appropriate at monthly operational review meetings
Asset and Inventory Management
- Accountable for ensuring the correct stock levels are maintained within the vehicle for parts used to complete both installation and maintenance.
- Track the movement of these parts by allocating to the correct outlet or stock location.
- Complete regular stock checks ensuring stock levels align with system records.
- Ensure CRM system is kept updated with detailed records for new and removed draught system installations and associated assets. Ensure details of visits are recorded to aid communication to our internal customers.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for ensuring that the working environment is safe and controlled complying with AUK Health and Safety policies,
- This includes too but is not limited to driving standards, ensuring risk assessments are completed and applied for related tasks and reviewed regularly with the Draught Operations Manager raising any non-compliances in-line with AUK Health and Safety policy.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to the Code of Practice for the Dispense of Beer by Pressure Systems in Licensed Premises and Code of Practice for Electrical Safety in Beer Dispense within any outlets that AUK brands are pouring.
- Using at all times appropriate safety equipment such as safety footwear, lifting equipment, personal gas detection units and aligning to AUKs Health and Safety policy.
- Ensure all tools and equipment are fit for purpose and where calibration is required, test frequency is adhered too.
- As a customer facing role, and ambassador of AUK representing the Asahi brands you will be well presented at all times, wearing appropriate attire for the specific task being undertaken. The personal standard also includes the vehicle that you drive.
Location: We are looking for two Draught Technical Representatives to cover the London region and two for the South region.
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.