Draught Quality Standards Manager
- Woking, UK
Asahi UK (AUK), part of Asahi Europe & International Ltd, aims to enrich consumer experiences through innovation, high-quality service and an exceptional portfolio of premium beer, ale and cider brands including, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Asahi Super Dry, Meantime, Fuller’s London Pride and Cornish Orchards. Our aim is to be the leading super premium beer business in the UK, through a brand mix that creates a compelling proposition. At AUK we operate as an end to end business unit responsible for sales, marketing, customer operations, production, supply chain and wholesale operations in the UK & Ireland. For further information, visit www.asahibeer.co.uk
Asahi Europe & International is a subsidiary of Asahi Group Holdings Ltd, a global beverage and food company listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Japan. Employing > 12,000 people, Asahi Europe & International is the custodian for leading super premium lager brands Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch, Asahi Super Dry, plus international Czech lager brands, Pilsner Urquell and Kozel. The business has world-class brewing and production facilities in 8 markets – UK, NL, ITL, PL, CZ, SK, HU, RO. In most of these markets, we are the leading brewer with full portfolio of famous brands. Commercial operations in other parts of Europe, USA, Canada, LatAm, Africa and Asia are served through our global distribution network. With state-of-the-art facilities, some of the best brewers in the world, quality ingredients, and a culture based on innovation and collaboration, Asahi offers the best quality of beer to beer lovers worldwide. More information can be found at www.asahiinternational.com
We are looking for a Draught Quality Standards Manager to join the Asahi UK (AUK) Draught Technical Services team.
The Draught Quality Standards Manager is accountable for setting the draught quality agenda in conjunction with AUK Technical Standards Manager and AIL Breweries and development of the draught beer dispense quality management program.
The role acts as custodian and key point of contact for AUK’s in trade draught quality and will be responsible for providing an engaging educational proposition to excite customers alike around best practice for our brands and for our Sales teams, providing them with the correct tools to confidently promote our brands above our competitors.
Accountable for the industry leading compliance, assurance and continuous improvement program; working with the AUK sales channel and broader draught technical team to deliver identified remedial actions.
The role is a key focal point for the two-way communication between our Master Brewers and trade driving quality standards from grain to glass in the quality process by providing data captured during the audit program of our Service Providers and customers.
The role is responsible for the development of our fantastic team of Draught Quality Managers who hold a customer facing role as ambassador of quality, delivering training and auditing program of the engineering support and AUK Sales teams along with providing the same services as an “added value” option for customers, all of which having a continuous improvement focus for the draught beer experience in outlet driving rate of sale.
The Draught Quality Standards Manager is responsible for the following key outputs and accountabilities:
Draught Quality Standards and Supporting Material
- Accountable for providing user friendly material to enable clear communication of AUK brand specifications for use by a wide range of stake holders such as AUK In-House Technical Team Service Providers, Sales teams and Customers.
- Ensure the documentation relating to AUK’s Quality program is kept up to date and any changes are briefed in a timely manner to the relevant teams or suppliers. Documentation to include:
- Draught quality manual
- Training material
- Responsible for ensuring all direct reports apply AUK DTS H&S practices and procedures.
Auditing and Compliance Assurance
- Provide an audit function to evaluate application of technical and quality standards in outlet by customers and Service Providers communicating recommendations to improve the overall position of Draught Quality in trade to the relevant stakeholders.
- Communicate audit results to all stakeholders for technical and product quality in trade. For product quality, ensure there is a clear position communicated to AUK for the quality of product found in trade in comparison to other AIL markets.
- Provide support to AIL markets with compliance to technical standards and in glass quality through auditing and making recommendations for improvement which includes training.
Technical Quality Execution:
- Responsible for providing relevant technical solutions that will deliver against AUK’s technical standards and quality requirements in the following cases but not limited to:
- Specific large projects, major builds and refurbishments.
- AUK outlets that experience ongoing dispense issues or do not meet draught dispense standards
- Events and festivals
- Making recommendations and agreeing proposals with the Head of Draught Technical Services for improvements for In-Trade Draught Quality
Training and development
- Accountable for ensuring the AUK field sales teams are technically familiar on draught dispense systems and products ensuring a competent knowledge base is gained to support installation/survey requests and quality issues.
- Accountable for ensuring that AUK dispense service providers are technically familiar on AUK specific dispense technical system, equipment, dispense technical and draught beer quality standards guidelines and processes including AUK’s Customers On-boarding Process.
- Responsible for ensuring the AUK Draught Quality Managers’ team provides robust support to the Draught Operations team for own Install Customers supporting with training and development of customer’s quality or dispense technical teams.
- Responsible for delivering engaging training for AUK’s customers. This will include 1-2- 1 and group sessions through on and off site courses in cellar management and product knowledge. The courses delivered will be industry leading, the importance of the passion for our products must be delivered within these programs. Evolving training material regularly to ensure the course is engaging and up to date with best practices recommended by our Brewers.
- Use AUK’s training program to support our sales team as they promote our value added service.
Health and Safety
- Responsible for ensuring that the DQM teams working environment is safe and controlled complying with AUK Health and Safety policies,
- This includes too but is not limited to driving standards, ensuring risk assessments are completed and applied for related tasks and reviewed regularly with the Draught Quality Technical Manager raising any non-compliances in-line with AUK Health and Safety policy.
- Accountable for the DQM team using at all times appropriate safety equipment such as safety footwear, personal gas detection units and aligning to AUKs Health and Safety policy.
- Ensure the DQMs teams tools and equipment are fit for purpose and where calibration is required, test frequency is adhered too.
Customer Services Management
- Work with the broader draught technical team to deliver against customer service, quality and cost metrics
- Accountable for managing a team of nine direct reports:
- Lead the quality agenda at the point of dispense within Asahi UK.
- Lead by being the champion of quality within the AUK Draught team and challenging standards to drive improvement with all touch points
- Challenge ways of working to ensure as a team and part of DTS we are industry leading.
- Motivate the team, bring passion and knowledge to the role to excite team members to promote Asahi UK brands.
- Act with integrity. Always do the right thing for the business and the team.
- Ensure DQM teams support actions fit with the business focus and ambitions Managing resources and prioritising workloads within the direct team to ensure delivery of service requirements
- Accountable for the availability of training and technical material used by the team, and team members’ adherence to processes
- Coach and develop all direct team members through formal and informal channels
- Completing formal reviews in line with AUK policy
- Devise and deliver a robust progression and succession plan that enables individuals to be stretched towards their next new challenge
- Previous experience of leading a field based team in a fast paced environment
- Experienced in setting quality frameworks to drive the quality agenda
- Experience of a customer facing role with the knowledge of developing training material and techniques to support the value added requirements of this role.
- Knowledge and application of the brewing process and its impact on in-trade quality. Understanding of environmental impact from systems and associated items
- Proven record of providing a safe working environment for field based teams
- Strong knowledge and experience of how a draught dispense system works and its impact on product quality
- Experience of providing technical solutions for major and/or complex installations
- Licensed trade knowledge advantageous
- Good PC skills; Excel (advanced); Word & PowerPoint (proficient); CRM (advantageous)and mobile facilities management systems
Key attributes of the successful person
- Customer facing and with a strong quality focused mind.
- Passionate and engaging with an ability to deliver a firm belief in the brands.
- Demonstrates commercial awareness and good analytical skills.
- Able to work within a Head Office environment with the ability to communicate and influence both senior stakeholders and other departments within the business.
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision
- Highly organised with excellent attention to detail
- Able to train on a one to one and group basis
- Good communicator
- Methodical approach to problem solving
On offer is a competitive basic salary plus generous benefits package.
- Competitive salary
- Beer allowance per annum
- Annual bonus
- Industry leading pension contribution
- Life assurance
- Dental insurance
- 25 days’ holiday
Please no agencies.